英语口语900句16.06.对话.2.网上聊天
So how did you meet Bill?
那么你怎么认识比尔的?
I met him through a computer bulletin board.
我通过一个电子公告板认识他的。
Oh, really? Which bulletin board?
噢,真的吗?哪个电子公告板?
It was one I used down at the local coffee house called the San Francisco net. It's been around since about 1991.
是一个我在一个叫旧金山网的当地咖啡屋使用的电子公告板。大约从1991年开始它就存在了。
I've heard about that. But I've never tried it.
我听说过。但是我从没有试过。
You ought to. One dollar buys you 15 minutes of computer time.
你应该试一下。一美元买15分钟的电脑时间。
A "chat session" links you with Cappuccino sippers in other cafes and also to home computers on the network.
一个“聊天室”把你和其它咖啡厅喝卡布奇诺的人联系起来,还连接到家用电脑的网络上。
I have no desire to talk on a network with a bunch of strangers.
我不想和一大群陌生人在网络上聊天。
That's the whole point. All your inhibitions disappear because you can't see the other person. This network allows you to talk to people whom you normally wouldn't talk to.
那才是重点。你没有了任何顾虑因为你看不见其他人。这个网络允许你和其他你通常不会跟他们聊的人聊天。
I just want a private conversation with one other person.
我只想和另一个人进行私人交谈。
You can do that. A private session lets two people talk alone.
你可以那样做的。私人聊天室可以让两个人单独聊天。
This techno-chat program lets you talk about anything with everybody, without prejudice because you can't see them.
这个网上闲聊程序让你没有偏见地和任何人聊任何事,因为你看不见他们。
Well, maybe I'll tag along and watch how you talk.
恩,或许我会跟你去,看看你是如何聊天的。
That's fine with me. but we'll have to get there early, because after 8pm there is always a long line.
没问题。但是我们必须早点到那里,因为晚上八点之后要排长队。
Is that popular?
那么受欢迎吗?
It sure is.
当然啦。
Okay, okay. We're there tonight. So what does it cost?
好的,好的。我们今晚去那里。那么收费怎么样?
One dollar buys 15 minutes of computer time. This talk isn't cheap.
1美元买15分钟的电脑时间。这个聊天不便宜。
I don't know. I'll feel funny talking through a computer.
我不知道。我觉得通过电脑来聊天很有趣。
Remember, that's how I met Bill. I guarantee you that you can talk to girls who would never talk to you if they saw your face.
记住,这就是我认识比尔的方法。我向你保证,你可以和那些从来不会和你聊天的女孩子聊天,如果她们看到你。
What's that supposed to mean?
那意味着什么?
Look in the mirror, man.
老兄,照照镜子。