和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 职场英语口语

正文

展会向老板汇报工作(4)

2010-05-27来源:和谐英语

托尼的工作显然做得不好,因此在汇报时少不了被老板责难。

(T = Tony, B= boss)

T: Hello, it's Tony, in Manchester.
你好,我是托尼,曼彻斯特。

B: Oh, hello Tony. How's the exhibition? Is it going well?
你好,托尼。展会怎么样?一切都顺利吗?

T: Er, no, not really. It's very quiet actually! We are not doing much!
呃,不是很顺利。实际上非常安静。我们都没什么可干的。

B: What? That's awful? How can you say that, Tony? Did you speak to the conference manager again?
什么?那么糟? 怎么会这样呢,托尼?你和展会的经理又谈了吗?

T: Er, no, no. Why?
呃,没,没有。怎么了。

B: To get a better stand of course! We are paying a lot of money for that exhibition and for your hotel! Can't you speak to him again?
要一个好的展位呀!我们为这个展会和你们的旅馆付了很多钱的!你不能再和他谈谈吗?

T: Er, OK. I'll do my best.
呃,好的,我会尽力的。

B: Have you spoken to any good agents yet?
你有没有和一些好的代理商谈谈?

T: Well, yes. There is one company, they seem very nice.
哦,有。有一家公司看起来不错。

B: Nice? Nice? Have they got any experience? Are they reliable?
不错?不错?他们有经验吗?可靠吗?

T: Erm, er, I'm not sure. I'll ask May...
呃,嗯,我不太肯定。我会问下梅……

T: Hello? Are you still there?
喂,您还在吗?

B: Yes, I'm here.
嗯,在。

T: Em, we aren't sure about the agents.
嗯,代理商我们不太确定。

B: Tony, please could you speak to them again and get more details about their experience.
托尼,你能不能再和他们谈谈,多了解一些他们的经历。

T: But, they want to sign a contract tomorrow.
可是,他们想明天签合同。

B: No, Tony. Do NOT sign anything until we know a lot more about them. Please get full details about their track record. I want to know who they've worked with before, exactly. Can you please send me a full report tomorrow.
不行,托尼。在了解之前我们不能和他们签任何东西。请你了解详细的经营情况。我想知道他们都和谁合作过,详细情况。你明天能不能给我一份详细报告?

T: But I was going to go to the cinema tonight!
可是我今晚打算去看电影。

B: Tony, you are not there to go to the cinema!
托尼,你不是去那里看电影的!

T: Fine. We also need more brochures.
好的。我们还需要一些宣传册。

B: OK. I'll send some more immediately. I'll start preparing a contract but we need a lot more information.
好的,我会立刻送一些过去的。我会准备起草合同,但我们需要更多了解他们。