和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 托福考试 > 托福听力

正文

托福听力练习对照文本第九十篇

2020-07-17来源:互联网

  As Dr. Miller mentioned, we're trying to recruit volunteers for the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary.

  正如Miller博士所提及的,我们正在试图为Hawk Mountain自然保护区招募志愿者。

  But before I get into the details of the volunteer program, I'd just like to tell you a little about what we do there.

  但是在我进入志愿者项目的细节之前,我想告你们一点关于我们在那里做什么(的事)

  One of our main jobs is to keep detailed records of the migration patterns of raptors.

  我们的主要工作之一是记载猛禽类迁徙模式的详细记录。

  For those of you who don't know, raptors are birds of prey, like hawks and eagles.

  对于你中不了解的(人来说),猛禽是捕食的鸟类,比如隼和鹰。

  Between August and December, we see around twenty different species migrating from Canada and New England.

  在八月和十二月之间,我们看见大约二十种不同的种类(的raptors)从加拿大迁移到新英格兰。

  About 20,000 birds. Part of what attracts them to Hawk Mountain is the location on the East Ridge of the Appalachian Mountains.

  大约20000只鸟,吸引它们到Hawk山脉的部分(原因)是在Appalachian山脉东部山脊的位置。

  What happens is that the sun warms the ridge in such a way that air currents are formed.

  发生的事情是太阳以这样一种方式温暖了山脊,气流(因此)被形成了。

  The birds just sort of glide along on the air, so they use up very little energy.

  鸟类仅仅在一定程度上在空气中滑行,所以它们只消耗很少的能量。

  As volunteers, you'll be helping us keep accurate counts of the raptors.

  作为志愿者,你们将帮助我们记录猛禽的精确数量。

  Any drop in number could mean something's gone wrong in the environment because of pesticides or disease, even hunting.

  任何在数字上的下降都意味着在环境中有事情出了问题,由于农药或疾病,甚至捕猎(导致的)。

  We just had a scare with the broad-winged hawks.

  我们刚刚在宽翅鹰上有一个惊吓(被宽翅鹰吓了一跳)。

  Their numbers have dropped drastically over the last ten years.

  他们的数量在过去十年中急剧下降。

  It was suggested that the birds may have changed their migratory route.

  这提示了鸟类可能改变了他们的迁移途径。

  So for 11 days we had several hundred volunteers—stationed every five miles—to observe and count.

  所以在11天里,我们有数百志愿者——每五英里设站——来观察并计数。

  And sure enough, they discovered that instead of hugging the Appalachians as they'd always done, the broad-wings were cutting a wider path over the Delaware River.

  果不其然,他们发现宽翼(鸟/鹰)在Delaware河上开辟了一个更宽广的航道而不是像他们一直做的那样拥抱阿巴拉契亚山脉

  Needless to say, we were greatly relieved.

  不用说,我们大大地松了一口气。