和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语词汇|英语单词 > 各类常用英语词汇

正文

美国口语俚语大全六

2008-12-16来源:
美国口语俚语(57)
1. rub elbows 交际,接触
It’s important for you to go to these parties and rub elbows with everyone. That’s how contacts are made.
参加这些晚会与大家接触接触是很重要的,关系就是这样建立起来的。
2. rub it in 火上浇油
You don’t have to rub it in. I already feel bad enough as it is.
你不要火上浇油了,我已经够难过的。
3. run something by again重复某事务
Can you run that by again? I didn’t quite understand your last point.
请再说一遍好吗?最后一点我听不太懂。
4. say what 你说什么?
Say what? I didn’t hear what you said.
你说什么?我没听到。
5. sit tight耐心等待
Just sit tight. The doctor will be with you in a minute.
耐心等一下,医生马上就来看你。

美国口语俚语(58)
1. get with it 留意(周遭的事物)
George really needs to get with it. He’s still wearing bellbottoms.
乔治真的该留意一下时尚。他仍然穿着喇叭裤。
2. get over自……中恢复过来
I don’t think anybody really gets over his first love.
我认为没有人能够真正忘掉初恋。
3. gross someone out让某人觉得**
Mike grossed Sue out when he waved a snake in front of her face.
麦克在苏前面摇晃着一条蛇,使她**死了。
4. hang out溜达
In here free time, Kathy likes to hang out at the mall with her friends.
凯西有空袭缓和朋友到商场溜达。
5. have a ball寻乐子,痛快地玩
We intend to have a ball at the amusement park today.
我们打算今天到游乐场玩个痛快。

美国口语俚语(59)
1. scatterbrain糊涂虫
What a scatterbrain! She forgot to plug in the coffee maker.
真是个糊涂虫!他忘了给咖啡壶插电。
2. screw up弄错
The hotel screwed up our reservations so we didn’t have a room for the night.
旅社把我们预定的房间弄错了,因此晚上没有地方可住。
3. spaced out魂不守舍
He didn’t hear what you said. He’s spaced out.
他没听到你说的话,他魂不守舍。
4. up front预先
In order to hold your reservation, I’ll need a 10% down payment up front.
为了保留你预定的东西,我要先收10%的定金。
5. wimp软骨头,没用的家伙
Harold is a real wimp. He lets everybody take advantage of him.
哈罗德真没用,每个人都可以占他便宜。

美国口语俚语(60)
1. chicken out退缩
Bill was going to ask Lisa out on date, but he chickened out at the last minute.
比尔本来要约丽莎出去,但是最后却不敢开口。
2. clamp down on加强取缔
The police are clamping down on drunk drivers.
警方加强取缔酒后开车。
3. break the news to告诉坏消息
Paul had to break the news of her friend’s death to Paula.
鲍尔必须告诉葆拉她朋友的死讯。
4. the breaks运气不佳
Sorry, Susie, that’s the breaks.
抱歉,苏西,运气实在不好。
5. broken record反复讲同样的话(原意为“坏了的唱片”)
Please stop talking about your problems. You sound like a broken record.
拜托别谈你的问题了。你真象张坏了的唱片。