和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

回家的诱惑!暑假滚回家的23条理由

2014-07-07来源:和谐英语
12. A freezer full of popsicles, all day every day. Thanks, Mom.
冰箱里全都是棒冰,每天都能来一根。老妈你真好!

13. Having every single spice at your disposal, not just salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
可以使用各种调料,不仅是盐、胡椒和意大利调料。

Spice up your life, seriously.
说真的,给你的生活加点料吧!

14. And OMG IF your parents have a garden: Finally, you get fresh, natural food of the gods.
对了,如果你家里有院子,那你还能尝到上天赐予的新鲜无比的天然食物!

15. And maybe the most powerful and holy Kitchen-Aid that costs more than your month’s rent.
也许还因为功能异常强大的厨宝而滚回家?它可比你一个月的房租还要贵。

16. Utilizing all of the makers that fit comfortably in a normal kitchen: waffle maker, panini maker, quesadilla maker.
在正常大小的厨房里舒舒服服地使用各种厨具,比如华夫饼机、意大利三明治机和墨西哥起司薄饼机。

17. When you have friends over and your mom asks if you guys want snacks.
请朋友来家里玩的时候,老妈会问“你们想不想吃点心?”

*Brings out tray of TV show inspired snacks*
拿点肥皂剧必备点心出来。

“Do you girls want some ‘Oliva Pope-Corn’?”
“孩子们,想吃爆米花么?”

“Nah, I’d rather have Liz Lemon’s ‘Night Cheese’, please.”
“呃,我比较想吃奶酪,谢啦。”

18. Free coffee.
免费咖啡。

This DIY iced coffee, or that French pressed coffee. At home it’s your coffee, your way.
自制冰咖啡或法压咖啡,在家想做什么咖啡就做什么咖啡。

19. Free alcohol.
免费酒水。

20. Free food everywhere.
到处都是免费的食物。

21. When your family orders pizza, it’s more like an event, rather than another MTWThF night at some unacceptable hour.
在家里点披萨比较郑重其事,而不像在学校那样在某个倒霉的晚上才不合时宜地点披萨做夜宵。

Or actually making this homemade, fancy pants pizza.
或者在家里自制一个超级美的披萨。

22. Shouting “MOMDAD” when you’re having a cooking emergency instead of trying to juggle your cellphone and a pan that’s on fire.
做饭时出了状况,你可以大叫“爸!妈!”,而不是一边看着锅着火,一边慌慌张张地打电话。

Maybe after this summer they’ll trust you enough to let you to use the butane torch. oooooh.
也许过了这个暑假,他们终于可以放心让你用丁烷点火枪了。好吧……

23. Eating every single crispy, juicy piece of food that your Mom or Dad cooks on the grill.
可以吃到爸妈在烤架上烤好的各种酥脆多汁的食物。

Then out-grill your old man after mastering these grilling tips.
还可以吃完就跑。不过掌握烧烤技巧后你就不需要爸妈啦。