正文
他让我的每一天充满惊喜
I awoke one morning this week,
这周的一个早晨,我起床时感觉身体不适
feeling sore and tired,
我四肢酸痛,疲累不堪
after a week and a half of battling caterpillars
因为整整一周半的时间,我都在跟毛毛虫较量
that were trying to destroy our beautiful trees.
以免他们毁坏我家院子中美丽的小树
Hours spent spraying the trees
我连续几个小时为树木喷洒农药
and then rinsing them afterwards,
然后把农药用水冲掉
began to take it's toll on my spirits and my muscles.
现在,我的精神和肌肉都开始为这份苦力付出代价了
This particular morning,
这个早晨
I had decided that the caterpillars could not be vanquished ,
我已经断定,毛毛虫是杀不完的
until I noticed this chalkboard message
忽然,我注意到黑板上有一条留言
from my precious husband of 47 years.
来自我相濡以沫了47年的珍爱的丈夫
The message said,
这则留言说到
" I heard the caterpillars talking last night,
昨晚我听到毛毛虫相互交谈
3:30 a.m.
凌晨3点半的时候
They are almost ready to surrender.
他们差不多准备投降了
So keep up the good work."
所以,请继续加油吧
I turned the blackboard over
我把黑板翻过来,
and the message continued.
留言继续着
It said, "You are a brave Warrior.
它说到,“你是一个勇敢的勇士”
Down with them."
灭了他们
I didn't think that I could love my husband more than I do now,
此时此刻,我觉得自己给他的爱意已经无可附加了
as he is always leaving me wonderful messages of love and support.
他总会给我留下这样诙谐的留言,表达他的爱意和支持
I guess that the heart is always growing.
我想,人的心灵总是在成长的。
With soap spray in hand,
我手中拿着喷壶
I proceeded to battle the invaders for another day.
我向前迈进,展开又一天与花园入侵者的搏斗
Then caterpillars are now gone
现在,毛毛虫都被解决了
and my trees are saved,
我的小树苗得救了
except for the odd falling leaves,
除了几片零星的落叶,一起恢复了原状
which will grow back next summer
等到明年夏天,这些叶子就会再长回去
and it's all thanks to the cherished note from a man
这些都要归功于一个男人给我的留言条,我十分珍爱的留言条
who is an amazing husband, father and grandfather.
他是一个好丈夫,也是好父亲,好祖父。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇