和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语

正文

咱俩都是诈包

2007-03-20来源:
 


SCENE① A  吉娜与戴夫继续在停车场说话

【咱俩都是诈包】

 

Zina:  When Vince didn't give you what you wanted, you decided to sell some secrets to WebTracker?

吉娜:         文斯给不了你要的待遇当时,你就决定卖情报给网路搜寻家

 

Dave:  That's right.

戴夫:         没错。

 

Zina:           So you are really my secret admirer, or did you just want to 1) seduce me to find out more secrets?

吉娜:         那你真的是在暗恋我,还是在引诱我泄露情报给你?

 

Dave:          A little bit of both, to be honest.

戴夫:         老实说,两者都有一点吧。

 

Zina:  You know what, Dave, I think I like you more now than I did before.

吉娜:         你知道吗,戴夫,我现在比以前更喜欢你。

 

Dave:          I guess we're both snakes, aren't we?

戴夫:         我猜咱俩都是诈包,你说是不是?

 

Zina:           I like you, Dave, but I can show you no mercy. I'm going to have to 2) crush you and WebTracker both.

吉娜:         我喜欢你,戴夫,但我可不会手下留情。我得要把你还有网路搜寻家通通整垮。

 

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Why don't you lay down? I'll give you a massage.

   你何不躺下来?我帮你按摩。

 

B: Are you trying to seduce me?

   你在引诱我吗?

 

a little bit of both 兼而有之】

 

a little bit of both字面上的意思是两者都有一点,在使用上,可以用来回答对方的问题,若对方问到你两种可能,你觉得两个因素都有,你就可以用上a little bit of both,来表达兼而有之的概念。

 

A: Did you two break up because you didn't talk or because you lived too far apart?

    你们俩分手是因为没沟通,还是因为住得太远?

B: A little bit of both, I guess.

    我想两者都有吧。

 

show...no mercy 毫不留情】

 

mercy 慈悲的意思,show someone no mercy 就是指做起事来毫不留情,不留余地,不给对方台阶下。

 

A: I'm a little afraid of talking to my boss.

     我有点怕跟老板说话。

B: I can understand. Last time he showed you no mercy.

     我能理解。上次他对你丝毫不留情。

 

1) seduce (v.)  引诱

2) crush  (v.)  摧毁,粉碎