和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语

正文

我们是在同一条船上

2007-03-20来源:
 


SCENE② B  吉娜在艾文的隔间附近遇到他

【我们是在同一条船上】

 

Zina:  We're on the same team here, Elvin. I'm being nice because we need to 1) get along together.

吉娜:         我们是在同一条船上,艾文。我对你好是因为我们得要相处。

 

Elvin:           I know you, Zina. You're only nice when you want something.

艾文:         我知道你的把戏,吉娜。你有所求的时候才会对人好。

 

Zina:           If we want to beat WebTracker, we're going to have to 2) work hand in hand.

吉娜:         若我们想要打败网路搜寻家,就得要携手共事。

 

Elvin:           To be honest, I'm starting to 3) wonder if it's worth it.

艾文:         老实说,我开始在怀疑这是否值得。

 

Zina:  You'd rather lose to WebTracker than do things my way?

吉娜:         你宁愿败给网路搜寻家,也不愿照我的方法做事?           

 

Elvin:  You said it, not me.

艾文:         这是你说的,我可没吭声。

 

语言详解

 

A: Would you rather drink milk or orange juice?

   你比较想喝牛奶还是橙汁?

 

B: Orange juice sounds good.

   橙汁听起来不错。

 

It's worth it. 这是值得的】

 

有付出才有收获,而在付出的过程中多半是痛苦,这时候就要用It's worth it.这是值得的。迎接未来的甜美果实。

 

A: Have all your years of hard work paid off?

     你多年来的辛勤工作,到头来值得吗?

B: It's been worth every minute of it. Now I can retire in peace.

     每一分钟都是值得的,我现在可以安稳退休了。

 

do things one's way 照某人方法做事】

 

每个人做事都有自己的方法,当然可以照我自己的方法做事do things my way

 

A:  I want to do things my way. 

   我要照自己的方法做事。

B:  You're the boss.

     你说了算。

 

不过有时候,形势比人强,可能就得身不由己地 do things one's way 照某人的方法做事了

 

A: Dad always wants me to do things his way.

     老爸总要我照他的方法做事。

B: He's just afraid you might make the wrong decisions.

     他只是怕你会做错决定。

 

1) get along  处得来

2) work hand in hand  携手共事*

3) wonder  (v.) 纳闷,想知道