和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语

正文

你不打算想想办法吗?

2007-03-20来源:
 



SCENE① B  艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间 

【你不打算想想办法吗?】

 

Elvin:  Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to 1) get rid of her!

艾文:         你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!

 

Vince:         I'm afraid that isn't possible.

文斯:         这恐怕不可能。

 

Elvin:  What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road!

艾文:         你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!

 

Vince:         I can't do that. Zina has 2) convinced our 3) investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing.

文斯:         我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对资讯王最好。

 

Elvin:  What? You mean to tell me that wacko is 4) in charge now? How?

艾文:         什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?

 

语言详解

 

A: Judd doesn't want to go swimming with us.

   贾德不想跟我们去游泳。

 

B: I'll try to convince him.

   我来试着说服他。

 

hit the road 上路】

 

hit the road听起来简洁有力,意思就是上路,不论是离开一地,去下一个地方,或是出门旅行,你都可以用上hit the road这个表达法。

 

A: It's getting late; we need to get home and check on the children.

     天色晚了;我们得要回家去看看孩子。

B: OK, let's hit the road.

     好,我们上路吧。

 

A: Johnny just likes to drive his mom's car and hit the road around seven a.m.

     强尼就是喜欢开着他母亲的车,在上午七点钟左右出门。

B: What's the big deal?

     那有什么大不了?

A: Johnny is only six years old.

     强尼只有六岁。

 

1) get rid of...  摆脱……

2) convince  (v.)  说服,使相信

3) investor  (n.)  投资者

4) be in charge  管事,作主