服务犬帮助残障人士更好生活
Up next, we're introducing you to a very special organization called Canine Companions.
接下来,我们将介绍一个名为“狗狗伴侣”的非常特殊的组织。
They're the oldest and largest organization in the US that provides service dogs.
他们是美国历史最悠久、规模最庞大的服务犬提供组织。
They provide service dogs for children and adults with a wide range of needs, including both physical and emotional support.
他们为有各种需求的儿童和成年人提供服务犬,包括身体和情感上的支持。
These pups are uplifting and they're pretty doggone cute too.
这些小狗让人感到开心,它们可爱极了。
We're in Orlando, Florida.
我们现在身处佛罗里达州的奥兰多市。
We are at the Southeast region campus of Canine Companions.
我们位于东南地区的“狗狗伴侣”校园。
We are the largest and oldest organization that provides service dogs for children, adults, and veterans with disabilities.
我们是为残疾儿童、成人和退伍军人提供服务犬的最大和最古老的组织。
And we work really hard to transform lives.
我们真的在很努力地工作来改变生活。
Good girl.
好姑娘。
Come on, push.
来吧,用力推。
Good girl.
好姑娘。
At Canine Companions, we offer several different types of dogs.
“狗狗伴侣”组织提供几种不同类型的狗。
One of the types of dogs that we offer is a service dog.
我们提供的一种狗是服务犬。
The service dog works with someone to mitigate their disabilities.
这只服务犬与人类一起协作,以减轻他们的残疾。
They can pick up items, open and close doors, drawers, refrigerators.
它们可以捡起物品,开关门,开关抽屉,开关冰箱。
Yes, come on.
好,来吧。
Yes, good.
是,很好。
Switch.
交换。
Yes.
对。
The dogs can know over 40 commands.
这些狗能掌握40多个命令。
We want the dogs to love the work they do.
我们希望狗狗热爱它们所做的工作。
You want to be on TV too.
你也想上电视。
Since 1975, we placed over 7,200 dogs.
自1975年以来,我们安置了7200多只狗。
We currently have over 2,600 graduates that are out there working with service dogs through our organization and over 1,400 puppy raisers who are raising puppies for us.
目前,我们有2600多名毕业生通过我们的组织与服务犬一起协作,还有1400多名小狗抚养员为我们饲养小狗。
Team training is just a magical time.
团队训练真是一段神奇的时光。
Feel his fur.
摸摸它的毛。
Do you want to feel it?
你想感受一下吗?
It's, for so many of them, the moment that they have been waiting for.
对于他们中的许多人来说,这是他们一直等待的时刻。
So we applied, I want to say, a year and a half ago.
我想说,我们一年半前就申请了。
We just knew that this was the right thing, because Izzy's been in and out of hospitals because of brain cancer.
我们只知道这是正确的事情,因为伊兹因为脑癌一直进出医院。
And all the facilities we've been in have therapy dogs.
我们去过的所有医疗机构都有治疗犬。
And they just bring so much joy to the kids.
他们给孩子们带来了很多快乐。
The ability to give her not only a companion, but a skilled companion that can help with some of the challenges that we face daily.
带给她的不仅仅是一个伙伴,而且是一个技能娴熟的伙伴,这个伙伴可以帮助我们应对日常面临的一些挑战。
We provide all of our dogs free of charge just thanks to amazing donations.
多亏了这些了不起的捐赠,我们才可以免费提供所有的狗狗。
I mean, our medical bills are quite high.
我们的医药费用很高。
So it's really a gift to our family.
所以,这真的是给我们家的礼物。
We want to make sure that anybody who needs a service dog or a facility dog is able to get one.
我们希望能确保任何需要服务犬或医疗辅助犬的人都能得到一只。
And then at the end of that team training class, they'll have a graduation ceremony where they will graduate and go home.
团队训练课结束时,他们将举行毕业典礼,在那里毕业后他们将回家。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇