和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > Fox News Radio

正文

拜登称若身体健康将竞选连任

2022-01-06来源:和谐英语

If we learned anything new about Joe Biden last night, it's this--a year of failures and errors on everything from the economy to lockdowns and mandates, the border and Afghanistan, have all taken their toll.

如果说我们昨晚对乔·拜登有什么新的了解的话,那就是这一年的失败和错误影响了一切,比如经济,封锁和强制令,边境问题和阿富汗问题。

Joe Biden is completely dejected and he knows it, and if there was ever any doubt about Biden's health or cognitive ability, he put that all to rest yesterday.

乔·拜登非常沮丧,他自己也知道这一点,如果有人对拜登的健康状况或认知能力有任何怀疑,他昨天就打消了所有疑虑。

Biden actually admitted his own health was a legitimate question.

拜登实际上承认了他自己的健康状况是一个合理的问题。

We don't have to guess anymore, Joe Biden says his health could prevent him from running for re-election in 2024.

我们不必再猜了,乔·拜登表示,他的健康状况可能会阻止他在2024年竞选连任。

I want to ask you about something I asked weeks before the election when we sat down.

我想问你一些在选举前几周我们坐下来时我问过的问题。

You said you would absolutely serve eight years if elected.

你说过如果当选,你一定会连任八年。

Do you plan to run for re-election?

你打算竞选连任吗?

Yes, but look, I'm a great respecter of fate.

是的,但是,听着,我很尊重命运。

Fate has intervened in my life many, many times.

命运已经干预我的生活许多次了。

If I'm in the health I'm in now, if I'm in good health, then in fact I would run again.

如果那时我的健康状况和现在一样,如果我的健康状况良好,那么事实上我会再次竞选。

And if that means a rematch against Donald Trump?

如果这意味着要与唐纳德·特朗普再竞选一次呢?

You're trying to tempt me now.

你现在在试图引诱我。

Sure. Why would I not run against Donald Trump if he is the nominee?

当然。如果唐纳德·特朗普是候选人,我为什么不和他竞争呢?

That increased the prospect of running.

这增加了竞选的可能性。

We can't think of any other time where a President has speculated about the decline of his own health.

我们想不出有哪位总统曾猜测过自己的健康状况会下降。

What's worse is Joe Biden thinks his current state is the definition of good health, but he isn't fooling anybody.

更糟糕的是,乔·拜登认为他目前的状态是健康的,但他骗不了任何人。

We see it. The American people see it and surely his staff sees it, too.

我们看到了。美国人民看到了,他的幕僚肯定也看到了。

It's why they usually keep him on a very tight script.

所以他们通常会把他的剧本写得很严谨。

He is only allowed to speak to reporters when they give him permission.

只有在他们允许的情况下,他才能接受记者的采访。

He hardly gives any interviews and last night showed exactly why.

他几乎不接受任何采访,昨晚他明确说明了原因。

Joe Biden can't speak without embarrassing himself and his own administration.

乔·拜登一发言就会让他自己和他的政府难堪。

The White House knows all of that and yet they send him out anyway.

白宫知道这一切,但他们还是把他派出去了。

Why? Because his opportunist handlers who helped make him the President want you to know he's inept.

为什么呢?因为帮助他当选总统的机会主义顾问团想让你们知道他是无能的。

They want to make it clear Joe Biden is not running things and that they are the ones with the real power.

他们想要表明乔·拜登不是掌权的人,他们才是真正掌握权力的人。

They're trying to accelerate the argument that he needs to be replaced.

他们试图加剧他需要被撤换的争论。

cnn put it very clearly in a headline this week: "The 11 Democrats who could replace Joe Biden in 2024."

美国有线电视新闻网(cnn)本周的一个标题非常明确地写道:“可能在2024年取代乔·拜登的11名民主党人。”

What's interesting is that even other Democrats are being challenged about Joe Biden's ability to lead.

有趣的是,甚至连其他民主党人也被问到有关乔·拜登的领导能力的问题。