和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > Fox News Radio

正文

拜登的演讲获得了热烈掌声

2022-03-28来源:和谐英语

You may have noticed that Joe Biden announced today a new front in his ongoing war against America's middle class.

你们可能已经注意到,乔·拜登今天宣布了他与美国中产阶级的持续战争的新战线。

Biden didn't frame it that way, of course, Democrats rarely say what they mean.

拜登没有这样说,当然,民主党人很少说出他们的意思。

They tell you, it's about something else.

他们告诉你们,这和其他事情有关。

In this case, Biden told us it was about Vladimir Putin.

在这件事上,拜登告诉我们它和弗拉基米尔·普京有关。

Biden explained that we're going to hurt Putin by making it illegal for Americans to buy Russian energy.

拜登解释说,我们将会通过把美国人购买俄罗斯能源定为非法行为来伤害普京。

This, he said will amount to a massive moral victory for us, we're going to feel great about ourselves.

他说,这将会是我们在道德上的巨大胜利,我们将自我感觉良好。

And at the same time, it will be a crushing defeat for the Russians who, of course deserve it.

与此同时,对于俄罗斯人来说,这将会是一场毁灭性的挫败,他们当然是活该。

So it's one of those rare occasions when we could see the good guys win, and the bad guys lose. Hurray.

因此,这是我们可以看到好人赢,坏人输的罕见情况之一。好极了。

Around Washington, you could almost hear the feverish applause as Biden finished speaking, every constituency loved it.

在华盛顿,当拜登结束演讲时,你几乎可以听到热烈的掌声,每个选民都喜欢他的演讲。

The media agreed that Joe Biden had never seen more presidential.

媒体一致认为,乔·拜登从未这么像过总统。

Democratic officials seem deeply relieved, for once they could talk about something other than COVID and the Southern border.

民主党官员似乎松了一口气,这一次他们可以谈论新冠疫情和南部边境以外的事情。

They'd rather be on offense than defense.

他们宁愿进攻,也不愿防守。

Republican leaders, meanwhile, seemed happiest of all.

与此同时,共和党领导人似乎是最开心的。

They barked like seals.

它们像海豹一样狂叫。

Finally a chance to sound tough and decisive without making cnn angry.

终于有机会在不激怒美国有线电视新闻网的情况下表现得强硬和果断。

Thank you, Joe Biden, we can all be John McCain now.

谢谢你,乔·拜登,我们现在都可以成为约翰·麦凯恩了。

You rarely see unity like this in a city is divided as Washington.

在华盛顿这样一个分裂的城市里,你很少看到这样的团结。

The unity was so heavy, in fact, so delightful and intoxicating that no one remembered to ask the most basic question: Why exactly are we doing this? What's the point?

事实上,这种团结是如此沉重,如此令人愉悦和陶醉,以至于没有人记得问一个最基本的问题:我们到底为什么要这样做?有什么意义?