正文
地道美语听力练习:睡眠遇到问题
Luis: So, how are the newlyweds doing?
那么,你们这对新婚夫妇怎么样?
Stevie: Oh, we’re great. I’m just a little tired.
哦,我们很棒。我只是有点累了。
Luis: Well, that goes with the territory, right?
那和活动范围有关,对吗?
Stevie: No, that’s not what I mean. Patrick has been keeping me up with his snoring.
不,那不是我的意思。Patrick的鼾声一直让我睡不着觉。
Luis: Oh, that’s a bummer.
哦,这真是不愉快的经历。
Stevie: Yeah, it really is. I’m usually awakened soon after I fall asleep, and then I toss and turn all night. That’s not all. Patrick also talks in his sleep.
是的,这真的是。通常我睡着了或会很快惊醒,然后我辗转反侧了一夜。这还不是全部。帕特里克还说梦话。
Luis: Wow, that’s terrible. I’d make a beeline for some sleeping pills, if I were you.
哇,这太可怕了。如果我是你。我会直接吃些安眠药,
Stevie: I took some one night last week, but I woke up groggy and disoriented. I’d rather have insomnia than load up on drugs.
我上周有天晚上吃了些,但我醒来时昏昏沉沉的且晕头转向。我宁愿失眠也不愿意吃药。
Luis: Have you tried waking him up when he snores or talks in his sleep?
当他打鼾或在他的睡眠说梦话时,你试图唤醒他了吗?
Stevie: I tried that one night, but he just ended up sleepwalking!
有天晚上我试了下,但他最后起来梦游!
Luis: Geez, what are you going to do?
吉兹,你打算怎么办?
Stevie: I wish I knew.
我希望我知道。
Luis: It’s a little early in your marriage for separate bedrooms, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
刚结婚就有独立的卧室为时尚早,但我不排除这种可能性。
Stevie: I’ll keep it in mind. If I don’t get a good night’s sleep soon, separate bedrooms will be the least of our problems!
我会记住的。如果我不能短期内晚上睡得好,我会找间独立的卧室来解决问题!
newlywed n. 新婚的人fall asleep 睡觉talk in his sleep 说梦话make a beeline 取捷径, 走直路insomnia n. 不眠症load up on v.大量摄入rule it out 排除可能性keep in mind 记住
- 上一篇
- 下一篇