和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:购买床上用品

2012-10-17来源:和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:购买床上用品

Xavier: Thanks for helping me decorate my new apartment. Hey, where are you going?
谢谢你帮我装饰我的新公寓。嘿,你去哪儿?

Crystal: I’m going to the bedding department. Now that you have a new bed, you’ll need new bedding.
我要的床上用品部。现在你有了一张新床,你需要新的床上用品。

Xavier: Right, okay, but can’t I just get some sheets, a couple of pillows, and a blanket?
好吧,我只买一些床单,一对枕头和毯子,不就行了嘛?

Crystal: That’s only the beginning. Oh, feel these sheets. No wonder they’re so soft. They have a very high thread count.
这仅仅是个开始。哦,摸下这些床单。难怪它们会如此柔软。他们有一个非常高的织物经纬密度。

Xavier: Thread count?
织物经纬密度?

Crystal: You’ll need a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and pillowcases. Did you get a queen-or a king-size bed?
你需要尺寸合适的床单,床单和枕套。你买的是一张大号的还是最大号的床?

Xavier: It’s a full-size bed.
那是一张全尺寸的床。

Crystal: Okay, you’ll need a comforter and a duvet cover, too, and this bed skirt will make your bed look really nice.
好的,你需要买棉被和被套,这个床帷会让你的床看起来真漂亮。

Xavier: Bed skirt?
床帷?

Crystal: Of course! You can’t leave your mattress exposed. That would look so tacky.
当然!你不能离开你的床垫暴露在外面。这会显得很俗气。

Xavier: If you say so...
如果你这样说......

Crystal: Wow, look at these canopies. Don’t you think...?
哇,看看这些天篷。你不觉得... ...?

Xavier: You want to put a canopy over my bed?! No, that’s where I draw the line.
你想让我在床上加天篷?不,这是我的底线。

 thread count  织物经纬密度fitted sheet尺寸合适的床单flat sheet  n. 床单draw the line  加以限制, 划定界线