和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:忘记与原谅

2012-11-04来源:和谐英语

 

 

Luc: You'll never guess who called and left a voicemail message today.
吕克:你永远都想不到今天谁打来电话,而且她还留了语音信息。

Angela: Who?
安吉拉:谁?

Luc: Barbara!
吕克:芭芭拉!

Angela: Oh, really? What did she want?
安吉拉:啊,真是吗?她有什么事儿吗?

Luc: She said she was calling to RSVP for our party this Saturday.
吕克:她说,她打电话是想让你回复星期六的聚会。

Angela: Did she?
安吉拉:她这么说了?

Luc: Stop playing innocent with me. Did you or did you not invite her to our party this Saturday?
吕克:不要再装傻了。你到底有没有邀请她星期六来参加咱们的聚会?

Angela: I may have. Okay, I did.
安吉拉:可能吧。好吧,我邀请她了。

Luc: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you and Barbara have a knock-down, drag-out fight last month?
吕克:我没有把握,但是上个月你不是跟芭芭拉长时间激烈地争吵过吗?

Angela: We may have.
安吉拉:也许吧。

Luc: And didn't you say that you'd never speak to her again much less invite her over to our house?
吕克:你说过再也不和她说话了,难道不是吗?更别说请她来我们家了。

Angela: That's water under the bridge. You know what they say: “To err is human, to forgive divine.”
安吉拉:这些事都过去了。你知道人们常说:“失误人皆有之,而宽恕乃超人之举。”

Luc: I can't believe my ears. You ranted and raved for days that you'd hold against her for the rest of your life all of the terrible things she said about you.
吕克:我不敢相信自己的耳朵。你嘶声力竭了好几天,发誓说会用下半生来与她为敌,让她为自己说过的坏话付出代价。

Angela: I was being overdramatic. I don't think I ranted and raved, actually. We just had a little spat. It's best just to forgive and forget.
安吉拉:是我反应过度了。我真的没有声嘶力竭。我们只是发生了点小小的争论。现在最好是忘掉过去,相互原谅。

Luc: Unbelievable! Why can't you have a selective memory when we have fights?
吕克:实在是难以置信!为什么我们吵架时你没有选择性失忆呢?