正文
地道美语听力练习:延长期限
Dan:Hello. 
丹:哈罗。
Marcia:Hi, Dan. What's the status on the project? We're still on schedule, right? 
玛西亚:嗨,丹。目前项目有何进展?还在按照预定时间进行吗?
Dan:Uh, well, I've been meaning to call you about that. We've had a slight delay. 
丹:额,但是,我一直想打电话反映。我们稍微延迟了一点。
Marcia:What do you mean by “slight”? Are you saying that you won't be able to meet the deadline? 
玛西亚:你说“稍微”是什么意思?你是指到截止日期时完成不了任务?
Dan:Not exactly. I'm only asking that you grant us a short extension. 
丹:不完全这样。我只请求你将期限延长一点。
Marcia:How short? 
玛西亚:延长多久?
Dan:A week or two, tops. We hit a minor snag, but we should have everything up and running in no time. 
丹:一个星期,最多两个星期。我们遇到一个小问题,但我们会立即让项目重新运行起来。
Marcia:If the project has come to a grinding halt, then it doesn't sound like a minor snag. We're running on a tight schedule and we don't have a lot of time to spare. 
玛西亚:如果项目突然半路停止,那就不是小问题了。我们的时间安排本来就很紧密,实在没有多少空闲的时间。
Dan:I know that all too well. 
丹:这情况我也十分了解。
Marcia:Good, then I don't have to spell it out for you. 
玛西亚:好吧,那么不用我告诉你怎么做了吧。
Dan:No, you don't. My head is on the chopping block and the clock is ticking. 
丹:不,不用。时间紧迫,感觉马上要上断头台,而时钟还在滴答作响。
- 上一篇  
- 下一篇  
 
       
             手机网站
手机网站