和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:参加拍卖会

2012-11-20来源:和谐英语

Diane:This is so exciting! I've never been to an auction before.
黛安:太让人激动了!我从来没去过拍卖会。

Martin:Sit down. It's about to start. The auctioneer is on the podium with her gavel and she's ready to start the bidding.
马丁:坐下。快开始了。拍卖师正拿着木槌站在台上,竞价马上就要开始了。

Diane:Are you bidding on the first lot?
黛安:你会竞拍第一个拍品吗?

Martin:No, the reserve is too high. See? The opening bid is over 10,000 dollars. I'm not surprised. Items of that quality don't appear on the auction block very often.
马丁:不,保留价太高了,明白不?起拍价超过一万美元。我一点也不吃惊。拍卖会上很少出现品质如此高的拍品。

Diane:What are those people doing on the phone?
黛安:打电话的那些人都在做什么?

Martin:They are bidding on behalf of people who can't be here, the absentee bidders. Hey, stop waving that paddle around! The auctioneer is going to think that you're placing a bid.
马丁:他们在代表不能到场的真正的竞买人出价。嘿,不要挥舞竞买号牌!不然拍卖师会以为你在出价。

Diane:Oh, sorry. Listen, the price is up to 30,500 dollars. Going, going, gone! The auction house is going to make a nice commission on that one. This is so much fun!
黛安:啊,对不起。听着,价格达到3万5百美元了。要卖了,要卖了,卖掉了!拍卖场又要大赚一笔佣金了。

Martin:Shhh! I'm going to bid on the next lot. Where is the paddle?
马丁:嘘!我准备竞买下一个拍品。竞买号牌去哪呢?

Diane:The paddle?
黛安:竞买号牌?

Martin:Yeah, the paddle. Where did you put it?
马丁:是呀,竞买号牌。你把它放哪里呢?

Diane:I had it just a minute ago.
黛安:一分钟前还在我手上。

Martin:Find it, or else I'm putting your head on the block.
马丁:找到它,否则我把你的头放到台上去拍卖。

Diane:The auction block?
黛安:拍卖台?

Martin:No, the chopping block!
马丁:嗯,对你的头来说是砧板!