正文
地道美语听力练习:理所当然
Phil: Did you hear that Melissa has finally left Eric? It's about time!
菲尔:你听说了吗?梅丽莎最后还是离开了埃里克。是时候了!
Cameron: Oh, that's sad. It's always sad when two people can't make it work.
卡梅隆:啊,那很令人伤感。当两个人无法再在一起时,总是很令人伤感。
Phil: Well, it wasn't for a lack of trying, on Melissa's part. She bent over backwards trying to please Eric and he always took her for granted. If you ask me, Melissa was always too good for him.
菲尔:然而,就梅丽莎而言,并非尽力不够。她竭尽全力讨埃里克欢心,而埃里克总觉得是理所当然的。依我看,梅丽莎一直以来对埃里克太好了。
Cameron: Really? I don't know Eric too well, but he seemed nice.
卡梅隆:真的吗?我不太了解埃里克,但他似乎不错。
Phil: Yeah, he's nice on the surface, but he's really a slimeball. Trust me, I know.
菲尔:是呀,表面看来是不错,但他其实就是一个混球。相信我,我了解他。
Cameron: I believe you, but what's Melissa going to do now?
卡梅隆:我相信你,但是梅丽莎现在打算怎么做?
Phil: I think she should find a nice guy who'll appreciate her.
菲尔:我想她应该会找到一个真正爱她的人。
Cameron: Someone like you?
卡梅隆:比如说你?
Phil: She could do worse. I'd treat her right and make her happy.
菲尔:选择我也比现在强。我会好好对她,让她幸福。
Cameron: You sound like a man with a plan.
卡梅隆:听起来,你仿佛一直这么计划着。
Phil: “Be prepared.” Isn't that what the Boy Scouts say?
菲尔:“时刻准备着。”这不就是男童子军们的口头禅吗?
- 上一篇
- 下一篇