和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:异性相吸

2012-12-01来源:和谐英语

Paula:Did you get an invitation to Kip and Sheri's wedding?
宝拉:你收到邀请去参加奇普和雪莉的婚礼吗?

Robert:Yeah, I did. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the two of them getting married. Never in my wildest dreams would I put those two together. It boggles my mind that they're in the least compatible.
罗伯特:是的。真没想到他俩会结婚,我到现在还没缓过神来。在我最诡异的梦里,也不会把他们俩联系起来。我觉得太不可思议了,他俩可是最不般配的一对啊。

Paula:What do you mean?
宝拉:你什么意思?

Robert:Sheri is really adventurous and definitely a thrill-seeker.
罗伯特:雪莉非常喜欢冒险,绝对是个探险家。

Paula:Maybe she's mellowed over the years.
宝拉:也许这些年来她变得成熟稳重了。

Robert:I don't think so, and Kip is the opposite. He's always toed the line and I don't think he has an adventurous bone in his body.
罗伯特:我不觉得,而奇普恰恰相反。他总是按规矩行事,我觉得他骨子里没有一点儿冒险精神。

Paula:I've never thought of Kip as being uptight.
宝拉:我从来不觉得奇普有焦虑症。

Robert:No, he's not uptight. He's just very cautious. You'd never find him looking for an adrenaline rush or even a little novelty.
罗伯特:不,我没说他焦虑。他只是行事非常谨慎。你绝不会看见他去寻求刺激,连稍微新奇点的事物也不能引起他的兴趣。

Paula: You know what they say: opposites attract.
宝拉:你知道有句话叫:异性相吸。

Robert:If that's true, then in their case, polar opposites attract!
罗伯特:如果是这样,那么对于他俩来说就是两极相吸!