正文
地道美语听力练习:保守还是大胆
I really don't think Monty is the right person for this project. He's too conservative in his thinking. We need someone who's a risk taker.
我真的觉得蒙蒂不适合负责这个项目。他的思想太保守了。这个项目需要的是冒险家。
Monty will get the job done. That's the most important thing.
但是蒙蒂会完成这个案子。这是最重要的一点。
Not if the finished product is staid and boring. Our client won't be happy with that.
要是他的成品死板,令人生厌,就不行了。客户是不会满意的。
Okay, who do you have in mind?
好吧,你心目中的人选是谁?
I was thinking of giving the project to Lorenzo.
我考虑让洛伦索负责这个项目。
Lorenzo? Well, he certainly likes to push the envelope, but he's also a loose cannon.
洛伦索?当然他不会墨守陈规,但是也不好管理。
Sometimes his ideas pan out and sometimes they fall flat.
有时他的想法很出彩,有时却很失败。
But Lorenzo is bold and daring. Did you see what he did on his last project? It was genius!
但是洛伦索果敢大胆。你忘了他是如何完成上一个项目的吗?简直就是天才!
It was reckless. It was only through sheer luck that everything worked out.
那是在铤而走险。能成功纯属运气好。
I know that Monty's ideas are more conventional and low-key, but they're also tried-and-true. But, in the end, it's your call.
我也知道蒙蒂的行事保守低调,靠得住。不过最后还是由你决定。
In that case, I'm going with Lorenzo. I'm sure he'll do a great job.
那个案子我会交给洛伦索。相信他会干得很出色。
I hope so. I wouldn't want us to end up with egg on our face.
希望如此。我不希望到头来以尴尬的局面收场。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇