和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:文稿评分

2012-12-21来源:和谐英语

Adelia:When I created this writing contest, I had no idea that we would get so many entries.
阿德利亚:当初我发起这个写作比赛的时候,我可没想到会有这么多人投稿。

Omar:Good thing you have an impartial panel of judges to help you select the winner.
奥马尔:不错的是,你有一个公正的评判小组,它可以帮助你选出最后的获胜者。

Adelia:Yes, good thing. I’m really grateful to all of you for giving up your time to help.
阿德利亚:是的,这是不错。你牺牲了宝贵的时间来帮我,我真地很感激。

Omar:What criteria are we using to score each of the entries?
奥马尔:我们对每个稿件的打分标准是什么?

Adelia:We’re using a 10-point scale. Each of us will read an entry and give it a score. When we’re all done, we’ll average out those scores. Hopefully, there’ll be a clear winner.
阿德利亚:我们使用10分制。我们每个人都会读到一份稿件,并给出一个分数。当全部给完分数之后,我们算出最终的平均数。我们希望这样能够选出一个毫无争议的的优胜者。

Omar:And if not?
奥马尔:如果选不出呢?

Adelia:If there isn’t, then we’ll take the top scorers and vote on which is best. Majority rules.
阿德利亚:如果选不出,那么我们找出分数最高的人,然后投票决定谁是优胜者。少数服从多数。

Omar:Okay, but are there reasons for disqualifying an entry? For instance, what if somebody didn’t follow the entry guidelines?
奥马尔:好吧,假如需要退稿,可以有什么理由?例如,有人没有遵循投稿规则?

Adelia:I’ve already culled the entries for the ones that don’t meet the requirements. These are all eligible.
阿德利亚:我已经把那些不符合要求的来稿都拣出来了。所有这些都是合格的稿件。

Omar:Okay, let’s get started. We’ve got our work cut out for us.
奥马尔:好的,我们开始忙吧。我们的工作不好做啊。

Adelia:You’ve got that right.
阿德利亚:你说的对。