正文
地道美语听力练习:做水疗 Going to a Spa
Jan:This is the life! Spending the day at a spa is my idea of paradise.
珍:真享受啊!在水疗中心过一天,对我来说就是天堂里的享受了。
Tim:Yeah, it’s great.
蒂姆:是的,确实不错。
Jan:Aren’t you enjoying yourself?
珍:你玩得不开心吗?
Tim:The massage was okay, but why do I have to get a facial and a body wrap? I’m a guy!
蒂姆:那里的按摩还算不错,但为什么把我的面部和全身都包起来?我可是男人啊!
Jan:Men need rejuvenating, too. These are all holistic treatments and you’ll feel like a new man when you’re done. Just enjoy the pampering.
珍:男人也需要恢复体力。这是全面的理疗,而且当你做完时,你会感觉像变了一个人似的。现在你就享受呵护吧。
Tim:I feel like an idiot. How am I supposed to relax?
蒂姆:我觉得自己像个白痴。我怎么才能放松呢?
Jan:Why don’t you get a body scrub or a scalp massage instead? Maybe that’ll calm your nerves.
珍:你为什么来个身体磨砂或头皮按摩?也许这样会让你的神经放松。
Tim:I don’t need a body scrub or another massage. I just want to get out of here. When will we be done?
蒂姆:我不需要身体磨砂或其它什么的按摩。我只想离开这里。我们什么时候才能做完?
Jan:After this, all we have left are manicures and pedicures.
珍:做完这个之后,我们就剩下修指甲和修脚了。
Tim:What?! I’m not getting a manicure or a pedicure.
蒂姆:什么?!我是不会修指甲的,也不会修脚的。
Jan:You did promise to go with me to the spa if I agreed to have your four college friends stay in our house for two weeks, remember?
珍:如果我同意你的四个大学朋友在我们家住两个星期,你就承诺和我一起去做水疗,不记得了吗?
Tim:Yes, I remember. All right, let’s get this over with.
蒂姆:是的,我记得。好吧,让我们把整个理疗做完吧。
Jan:Just be glad I didn’t sign you up for waxing!
珍:我没让你打蜡就不错啦!