和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:解除婚姻 Annulling a Marriage

2012-12-25来源:和谐英语

Courtney: Did you hear? Kate and Christopher are trying to annul their marriage.
考特尼:听说了吗?凯特和克里斯托弗正打算解除他们的婚姻。

Ray: What?! They’ve only been married for two months! What brought this on?
雷:什么?!他们才结婚两个月!什么原因?

Courtney: I have no idea. Neither of them is underage or bigamists and they married of their own free will, so I don’t know how they can ask for an annulment.
考特尼:不知道。他们俩既非未成年,也不是重婚。他们属于自由结婚,所以我不知道他们为何要解除。

Ray: I’ve heard that you can get an annulment if there’s some kind of fraud. Maybe they’re asking for the annulment on those grounds.
雷:我听说,如果婚姻存在欺骗,那么就可以解除。也许,他们就是因为这个。

Courtney: Maybe. I wish I knew more. Ooh, could they be related by blood and didn’t know it? It’s sounding more and more like a soap opera.
考特尼:也许吧。我想知道详情。噢,难倒他们具有血缘关系而以前互不知情?这听起来越来越像肥皂剧了。

Ray: I suppose we shouldn’t speculate. It’s sad when any marriage ends, even if it only lasted two months. Something must be really, really wrong.
雷:我觉得这种事我们可不能瞎猜。任何婚姻的结束都是很可惜的——即使是只持续了两个月的婚姻。肯定是哪儿出了问题。

Courtney: Or else...
考特尼:或者是因为……

Ray: Or else, what?
雷:因为什么?

Courtney: Or else, Christopher finally figured out what a witch Kate is.
考特尼:或者,难道克里斯托弗发现凯特是个女巫?

Ray: Oh, somebody’s a little catty today. Do I detect some jealousy here?
雷:哦,今天某人有点阴险啊。难道是妒忌了?

Courtney: Me? Jealous of Kate? Forget it! I’ve known her for years and I just wouldn’t wish her on my worst enemy!
考特尼:我?妒忌凯特?算了吧!我和她是老相识了,我只是觉得她太不幸了!