和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:无偿献血

2012-12-27来源:和谐英语

 Michelle: Did you hurt yourself?
米歇尔:你受伤了吗?

Gabriel: No, why?
加布里埃尔:没有,为什么这样问?

Michelle: You have a Band-Aid on your arm.
米歇尔:你胳膊上有创口贴。

Gabriel: Oh, that. I donated blood today.
加布里埃尔:哦,那个啊。我今天去献血了。

无偿献血

Michelle: You did? That's great. I'd like to donate blood, but every time I get close to a needle, I feel light-headed. I'm afraid if I go through with it, and they actually draw blood, I'll faint.
米歇尔:真的吗?你太伟大了。我想去献血,但每次针头靠近我时,我就感到头晕。我担心抽完血,我会真的晕过去。

Gabriel: I'm use to it. I give blood all the time. The needle doesn't bother me.
加布里埃尔:我已经习惯了。我一直在献血。针头并不困扰我。

Michelle: That's very admirable. I know how important it is for hospitals to have a good supply of blood for use in transfusions.
米歇尔:非常令人钦佩。我知道保持充足的血液供应对于医院来说很重要。

Gabriel: I don't mind doing it. It's not a big deal.
加布里埃尔:我不介意做那些事。那没什么大不了的。

Michelle: But it is a big deal. If relief organizations didn't have enough blood when they traveled to disaster areas, they couldn't help the injured people there. I'm sure that's why you do it, right?
米歇尔:但那就是大事啊。如果救援机构在赶到事故现场时,没有足够的血液,就不能帮助那里的病人了。我想你肯定是因为这才献血的,对吗?

Gabriel: Well...
加布里埃尔:嗯...

Michelle: Well, what?
米歇尔:嗯...什么?

Gabriel: There is a particularly pretty nurse who works in the bloodmobile...
加布里埃尔:有一位很漂亮的女护士在血浆车上工作。

Michelle: Ah.
米歇尔:啊。