和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:订购办公用品

2012-12-28来源:和谐英语

 

Jermaine: How did the investor meeting go?
杰梅因:投资者大会进展得怎么样?

Teresa: That meeting has been postponed until next week. One of the potential investors is out of town.
特里萨:会议已经推迟到下个星期了。其中有位潜在的投资者不在市里。

Jermaine: In that case, can you help me with some of this work?
杰梅因:假若那样的话,你能帮我跟进这个会议吗?

 

 

Teresa: I would, but I'm busy ordering stationery right now.
特里萨:我很愿意帮忙,但是目前我正忙着订购办公用品。

Jermaine: Stationery? You're ordering stationery?
杰梅因:办公用品?你在订购办公用品?

Teresa: Yes, of course. For us to be taken seriously as a new company, we have to project a professional image. Having good stationery is part of that.
特里萨:是的,当然。作为一家新公司,我们得树立一个专业的企业形象,我们得认真对待这件事。

Jermaine: I'm not sure…
杰梅因:我不确定...

Teresa: Look, we can't go to business meetings without good business cards, right?
特里萨:瞧,没有高品质的企业名片,怎么去参加商务会议?

Jermaine: I guess so…
杰梅因:我想是的...

Teresa: If we have any correspondence with our potential investors, we need letterhead and envelopes, right?
特里萨:如果我们要与潜在投资者通信,那是不是得买印有信头的信纸和信封?

Jermaine: I suppose…
杰梅因:我猜...

Teresa: Okay, so I'm ordering those things. In the process, I'm ordering some embossed greeting cards and some promotional postcards. We'll also need some notepads and…
特里萨:好的,所以我在订购这些用品。同时,我还会订购一些压花贺卡和宣传用的明信片。我们还需要一些记事本和...

Jermaine: Whoa! Aren't you jumping the gun?
杰梅因:哇!不要操之过急啊!

Teresa: Why do you say that?
特里萨:为什么要这么说?

Jermaine: First, we need to establish a company, and then we can start behaving like one.
杰梅因:首先我们要成立一家公司,然后才能开始正常办公。

Teresa: That's where you're wrong. If you build it, they will come.
特里萨:那你就错了!俗话说“盖好楼,不愁客不来”。

Jermaine: You mean if we start behaving like a company, then the investors will come?
杰梅因:你是指如果我们开始正常办公,那么投资者就会主动上门?

Teresa: Precisely!
特里萨:一点没错!