和谐英语

地道美语听力练习:担任评委

2012-12-30来源:和谐英语

Adelia: When I created this writing contest, I had no idea that we would get so many entries.
阿德利亚:我举办这次写作比赛时,从未想到会有这么多人投稿。

Omar: Good thing you have an impartial panel of judges to help you select the winner.
奥马尔:好在你有一个公正的评审小组来帮你挑选优胜者。

Adelia: Yes, good thing. I'm really grateful to all of you for giving up your time to help.
阿德利亚:是的,幸好。我真的很感激你们牺牲自己的时间来帮忙。

Omar: What criteria are we using to score each of the entries?
奥马尔:我们为每一篇作文评分时采取什么标准呢?

Adelia: We're using a 10-point scale. Each of us will read an entry and give it a score. When we're all done, we'll average out those scores. Hopefully, there'll be a clear winner.
阿德利亚:我们采用十分制。每位评审读完一篇作文后就给出分数。评完分后,我们会算出平均分。希望能出现一个全胜的赢家。

Omar: And if not?
奥马尔:如果没有怎么办?

Adelia: If there isn't, then we'll take the top scorers and vote on which is best. Majority rules.
阿德利亚:如果没有,那么我们会找出得分最高的作品,然后投票选出最好的。少数服从多数。

Omar: Okay, but are there reasons for disqualifying an entry? For instance, what if somebody didn't follow the entry guidelines?
奥马尔:没问题,但是有取消比赛资格的规定吗?比如说,万一有人没有遵守投稿要求?

Adelia: I've already culled the entries for the ones that don't meet the requirements. These are all eligible.
阿德利亚:我已经淘汰了达不到要求的作品。这些都是合格的。

Omar: Okay, let's get started. We've got our work cut out for us.
奥马尔:好吧,我们开始吧。每个人的任务都已经排定了。

Adelia: You've got that right.
阿德利亚:你说的对。