正文
地道美语听力练习:租度假屋
George: I'm kind of nervous staying in a vacation rental for the first time. 
乔治:第一次住在出租的度假公寓里,感觉好紧张。
Marnie: Don't worry. Before I booked this unit, I checked it out thoroughly. It's pet-friendly and kid-friendly, and it sleeps six, so it'll be perfect for the whole family. 
玛尔妮:别担心。在订这套房之前,我全方位考察过。在这里动物和孩子都是受欢迎的,并且能住6个人,对全家来说很完美。

George: But there won't be the same amenities or services as a hotel. 
乔治:但这里没有和酒店一样的设施和服务。
Marnie: We won't need any of those. Just think, we'll have the run of the place and there are no adjoining units. The proximity to town is great and I got a last-minute price that's even lower than their low season rate. 
玛尔妮:我们不需要那些。试想一下,我们能亲自管理这个地方,不会有邻居来打扰。更棒的是这里离城里很近,而且我还拿到了比淡季时更低的价格。
George: Everything sounds good, but… 
乔治:听起来很好,但是...
Marnie: It'll be our home away from home. Units this close to the beach are scarce, and this one is really affordable. 
玛尔妮:这里将成为我们的家外之家。离海滩如此近的公寓稀缺,更何况价格真的很实惠。
George: A little too affordable, if you ask me. You said that it's just $60 a night? 
乔治:要我说,有点太过实惠了。听你说这里只要60美元一晚。
Marnie: That's right. 
玛尔妮:没错。
George: Are there any taxes or cleaning fees? 
乔治:还需要交税或清洁费用吗?
Marnie: I didn't ask about that. 
玛尔妮:我没问过。
George: Do they require a refundable deposit? 
乔治:他们有要求我们先付押金,到时退还吗?
Marnie: I didn't check that either. 
玛尔妮:这我也没问过。
George: Then maybe it's too good to be true. Before we get too excited, let's go read the fine print. 
乔治:那么这一切都显得太好,而不像是真的。别高兴得太早,先看看附加条款再说吧。
- 上一篇  
- 下一篇  
 
       
             手机网站
手机网站