和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > NPR News

正文

墨西哥军方机密文件遭泄露--包括向毒贩出售武器

2022-10-24来源:和谐英语

Mexico is trying to come to terms with a data leak of more than 4 million documents from inside the military that has exposed some of the country's closest kept secrets.

墨西哥正试图解决军方内部泄露的400多万份文件的问题,这一事件暴露了该国最机密的一些东西。

NPR has obtained the documents, which includes everything from the health of the president to corruption among Mexico's military.

NPR已经获得了这些文件,其中包括了从总统的健康状况到墨西哥军方腐败的方方面面。

NPR's Eyder Peralta joins us now from Mexico City.

NPR新闻的埃德·佩拉尔塔从墨西哥城为我们带来报道。

Eyder, let's start with what was leaked.

艾德,让我们从泄露的信息开始谈起。

What have we learned about that so far?

到目前为止,我们都了解到了什么?

We've learned a ton about the military.

我们得知了很多关于军队的信息。

I mean, one of the big ones is that President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador had to be airlifted to a hospital with a heart problem.

其中一个重大信息是,总统安德烈斯·曼努埃尔·洛佩斯·奥夫拉多尔因心脏病不得不被空运到医院。

Another document alleges that a top law enforcement officer was taking $250,000 a month to protect the cartel.

另一份文件称,一名高级执法官员每月收取25万美元保护垄断联盟。

But above all, this has revealed a ton about Mexico's military.

最重要的是,这暴露了大量关于墨西哥军队的信息。

We've learned that despite being tasked with fighting the drug war, some of its soldiers sold weapons to the cartels.

我们了解到,尽管一些士兵承担着打击毒品战争的任务,他们还是会向多个垄断联盟出售武器。

We've learned that the military suggests legislation, that the military keeps statistics on murders and that they run surveillance on airports.

我们还了解到军方建议立法,军方统计谋杀数据,军方对机场进行监视的消息。

We found that they keep dossiers on politicians and environmental activists, anarchists and feminists.

我们发现他们还保存了政界人士、环保人士、无政府主义人士和女权主义人士的档案。

In one email, we found what military officials call counterintelligence operation against the bricklayers at a government project.

在一封邮件中,我们发现了军方官员所说的针对政府项目瓦匠的反间谍行动。

There are millions of documents, as you said.

如你所说,有数百万份文件。

But I think what is clear and what we find is that Mexico's military is involved in every major aspect of this country.

但我认为有一点是明确的,我们发现墨西哥军方参与了这个国家的各个重要方面。

So what do we know about the group that leaked it?

关于泄露文件的组织,我们知道些什么?

So they call themselves the Guacamaya - or the Macaws.

这个组织他们称自己为金刚鹦鹉。

And they're anonymous, but they say that they're anti-colonial, anti-capitalist environmentalists.

他们是匿名者,但他们自称是反殖民,反资本主义的环保主义人士。

And they've done similar things in other countries.

他们在其他国家也做过类似的事情。

But this hack is huge, six terabytes of data taken from the email servers of the Mexican Ministry of Defense.

但这次黑客攻击规模巨大,从墨西哥国防部的电子邮件服务器窃取了6TB的数据。

And it's one of the biggest leaks in history.

这是历史上最大的泄密事件之一。

What has the government said about this?

该国政府怎么说的?

Because I've got to admit, Eyder, I'm not too shocked. What's been the reaction?

因为我得承认,艾德,我一点都不惊讶。他们有什么反应?

President Lopez Obrador has admitted that the documents were real, but he shrugged it off.

总统洛佩斯·奥夫拉多尔承认这些文件是真实的,但他对此不屑一顾。

The defense minister actually refused an invitation by parliament to testify about this.

议会征求就此事作证,该国国防部长却拒绝了这一要求。

But what's important to note is that this is coming at a time when this president has given the military a lot more power.

但值得注意的是,这是在总统赋予军方更多权力的时候发生的。

And it comes when, through other reports, we've learned that the military was also involved in the killing of 43 college students in 2014.

通过其他报道,我们了解到军方也参与了2014年43名大学生被杀的事件。

Yet the president continues to tell the Mexican people that the only institution that can be trusted is the military.

然而这位总统继续告诉墨西哥人民,唯一可以信任的机构是军队。

I spoke to political analyst Denise Dresser.

我采访了政治分析人士丹尼斯·德莱瑟。

And like you, she says that while none of this is a surprise to those who were paying attention, it's still about an institution that was supposed to fix things.

和你一样,她表示虽然这些对那些关注此事的人来说都不奇怪,但这仍然是军方机构的问题,他们本该解决这些事情。

And that's why these leaks are so hard to process. Let's listen.

这就是为什么这些泄密事件很难处理。让我们听听以下发言。

There's still an element of false hope that if we continue to rely on the Mexican military, eventually some semblance of peace will emerge.

仍然存在一些不切实际的希望--如果我们继续依赖墨西哥军队,最终会出现一些和平的假象。

What the leaks reveal is that, perhaps, there's already a level of collusion that can't be dismantled.

泄露的信息表明,或许,已经存在某种程度的无法消除的勾结。

So the military, she says, the president and the Mexicans had put their faith in has turned almost all-powerful.

她表示,军方、总统和墨西哥人曾信任的官员,已经变得权势滔天。

And it may just be as corrupt as the rest of the Mexican state.

这里可能和墨西哥其他地方一样腐败。

And that's really hard to come to terms with, she says.

她说,这真的很难接受。