和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > BBC六分钟英语

正文

加薪 Pay rise

2016-07-04来源:和谐英语
Welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
欢迎和我一起来到新一期BBC6分钟英语,我是Feifei。
And me Neil.
还有我Neil。
We’re talking about pay and what people earn today and Neil have you brought a salary fact to get us started?
我们将讨论薪酬和目前人们挣多少钱的话题。Neil,一开始,你有给大家带来薪酬结果吗?
I have! The United Nations International Labour Organisation or the ILO has been looking at earnings around the world, and they’ve worked out the average person’s monthly salary.So, how much do you think it is?
带来了!联合国国际劳工组织(The United Nations International Labour Organisation )或简称ILO组织一只在世界各地调查人们的收入,并且已经计算出人们人均月工资。你认为应该是多少?
How much does the average person earn? What, in dollars?
人均月收入?是按美元算吗?
Yep, US dollars. Per month.
Yep,美元。每个月。
Hmm… I’d say, hmmm, about $5,000 a month.
Hmm…我说是大约一个月 $5,000。
$5,000 a month, are you sure?
一个月 $5,000,你确定?
Yes, am I right?
是的,我说对了吗?
Well, Feifei you’re absolutely wrong, I’m pleased to say. According to the ILO, the average worker earns $1,480 a month.
好吧,Feifei,很高兴的告诉你,你完全错误。根据ILO提供的数据,每个人人均月收入 $1,480。
Wow, I was a bit generous there…
wow,我有点慷慨了...
Yes, very out of character!
是的,很离谱!
Hmmm, that is a lot less than I was expecting… there’ll be a lot of people asking for pay rises then?
Hmm,这离我预期的差太远了...那很多人都会要求加薪了?
I suppose there will be! Are you going to be one of them?
我想是的!你想成为其中的一份子吗?
You know me Neil…
你知道的,Neil...
Yes I do. Do you feel a role-play coming on?
是的,我知道。接下来你想进行角色扮演吗?
Do you know what - I think I do!
你知不知道 — -我想做!
Can I be the boss?
我能演老板吗?
No, I think it’s actually my turn to be the boss.
不行,我觉得这次真的轮到我演老板了。
Every time, every time… so, you are the boss?
每次都是,每次都是...所以你当老板?
I am the boss! I don’t remember being the boss.Anyway let’s get on with the role-play: I’m the boss and you’re asking me for a pay rise. Ready?
我是老板!我不记得以前演过老板。不管怎样,让我们进入角色:我是老板,你问我加薪。准备好了吗?
Ready!
准备好了!
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,有时间聊聊吗?
Sure, What can I do for you?
当然有,有什么事吗?
OK. Well, it’s a bit difficult, but I think I should have a pay rise.
Ok。额,虽然这有点困难,但是我觉得应该给我加薪。
OK and why do you feel like that?
你为什么会这样认为呢?
Well, I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility recently and I really believe that I’ve grown in the job. My last project was very successful and I just think I should be rewarded.
最近我在工作上倾注了更多的责任,而且我真的认为我在这份工作中成长了。我上一个项目非常的成功,我只是觉得我应该得到奖励。
OK, well, what kind of rise are you thinking of?
好的,那你想涨多少呢?
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我觉得5%的要求并不多。
5%... Hmm… Well, let me think about it and get back to you.
5%...Hmm,好的,让我想想再回复你。
OK, thank you.
好的,谢谢你。
Ooooh, you’re very persuasive Neil!
Ooooh,Neil你很有说服力!
Haha! It’s all in the technique.
哈哈!这是我看家本领了。
Let’s ask Business Betty to tell us more.Are you there Betty?
让Business Betty告诉我们更多。你准备好了吗,Betty?
It’s Business Betty!
是Business Betty!
Ah Betty, wonderful to see you. Looking fantastic as ever, you’ve been on holiday?
Betty,见到你真好。精彩如往,你一直在度假吗?
Thank you Neil. Yeah, lovely, Costa Brava, very nice.
谢谢Neil,是的, Costa Brava,非常可爱非常好的一个地方。
With a destination like that, I am sure you earn a lot more than $1,480 a month, don’t you?
能去像那一样的地方,我肯定你一个月挣的比$1,480多多了,是吗?
Neil, Neil, Neil, you should really know that in British culture, it’s terribly impolite to ask people how much they earn.
Neil, Neil, Neil,你应该了解英国的风俗习惯,问人们一个月挣多少钱是非常不礼貌的。
Sorry Betty, yes, you’re quite right. I shouldn’t ask you that. But can I ask you to tell us how to ask for a pay rise?
很抱歉Betty,你非常对。我不应该问你的。但是我可以问你怎么加薪吧?
You most certainly can Neil.There are a few things to remember when you’re asking for a pay rise.First, make sure it’s a good time to ask.
太可以了,Neil。当你要求加薪的时候应该记得这几点。首先,得确保这是一个(加薪的)好时机。
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,有时间聊聊吗?
Next, use verbs like ‘think’, ‘feel’ and ‘believe’. And use adverbs like ‘really’ for added emphasis.
其次,取用像“think”, “feel”和“believe” 这一类的动词。使用“really”这样的副词作为强调。
I think I should have a pay rise. I really believe that I’ve grown in the job.
我认为我应该加薪。我真的觉得我在工作中已经成长了。
Give reasons why you should get a pay rise:
给我让你加薪的理由:
I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility lately.My last project was very successful.
最近我在工作有更多的责任心。我上个项目非常成功。
Be clear about what you want:
一定要清楚你想要什么:
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我认为5%的加薪要求并不多。
And always, always be polite.
并始终要有礼貌。
OK, thank you, please. Thank you, please, please.
好的,谢谢你,请。谢谢你,请,请。
So to sum up: if you’re asking for a pay rise, make sure it’s a good time, use phrases like ‘I really think’, give your reasons, say what you want and be polite! Anything else I can do for you?
总结一下:如果你想加薪,首先确保时机要对,使用“I really think”这样的短语,给出你的理由,说出你想要什么,并且要有礼貌!还有什么需要我的吗?
No Betty. You’ve done more than enough already, thanks Betty.
没了Betty。你做的已经够多的了,谢谢你,Betty。
Then I’ll be on my way. Goodbye!
那我走了。拜!
Bye!
拜!
Full of good advice our Betty!
我们的Betty总是很有建议!
Let’s do the role-play again shall we?
让我们再进行一次角色扮演吧,好吗?
Shall we?
可以吗?
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,你有时间聊聊吗?
Sure, What can I do for you?
当然,有什么事?
OK. Well, it’s a bit difficult, but I think I should have a pay rise.
Ok。额,虽然这有点困难,但是我觉得应该给我加薪。
OK and why do you feel like that?
你为什么这样认为呢?
Well, I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility recently and I really believe that I’ve grown in the job.My last project was very successful and I just think that should be rewarded.
最近我在工作上倾注了更多的责任,而且我真的认为我在这份工作中成长了。我上一个项目非常的成功,我只是觉得我应该得到奖励。
OK, well, what kind of rise are you thinking of?
好的,那你想加多少?
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我认为加5%不多。
5%... Hmm… Well I’ll think about it and get back to you.
5%...Hmm...让我想想再给你答复。
OK, thank you.
好的,谢谢。
Only 5%, that’s not much to ask, is it?Maybe I should have gone for 10%?
才5%,要求的并不多,是吧?或许我应该要10%?
Neil, we’ve finished the role-play.
Neil,我们已经结束角色扮演了。
15%? Final offer.
15%?最后的答复。
It’s done. No, I can’t give you a pay rise Neil, I am not your boss really. I’ll buy you a drink after work instead. Is that OK?
结束了。Neil,我不能给你加薪,我真的不是你的老板。下班我请你喝东西,行吗?
Champagne?
香槟吗?
No, a drink - a pint of beer. Right, I think that brings us to the end of today’s programme. Neil?
不是,喝一杯-一品脱的啤酒。好了,我认为到了结束今天节目的时候了。是吧,Neil?
Yes that’s all. Good luck to you at home if you’re asking for a pay rise anytime soon and join us again for more 6 Minute English.
是的,这就是我们全部的内容了。祝你好运,如果你在家要求很快加薪,继续加入我们的BBC6分钟英语
Bye!
( ^_^ )/~~拜拜!