和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

如何表达这才叫浪漫

2008-08-19来源:
   Sue:   Flowers. Now that's romantic.

  苏:   花。这才叫浪漫。

  Rose:  They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.

  柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。

  Sue:  The two of you were 2) definitely 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over……Now 4) it's your turn.

  苏:你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了……现在换你了。

  Rose:   What?

  柔丝: 换我干嘛?

  Sue:Do you have Don's number?

  苏:你有唐的电话吗?

  语言详解

  A:  When were you supposed to pay your rent?

  你本该何时付房租?

  B:  Last week I'm five days late.

  上星期,我晚了五天。

  “Now that's romantic.   这才叫浪漫”

  Now that's……这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。

  A:I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.

  我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。

  B:Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!

  这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!

  1) be supposed to…… 应该是……

  2) definitely  (adv.) 绝对地

  3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对

  4) it's your turn 该你了