和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

《英语口语王》第2部分:第三章消极情感

2008-08-27来源:

真是白费力气。 It was a waste of effort.

◆All my effort went down the drain.

我的努力全白费了。

我真傻! What a fool I was!

◆I feel such an idiot! 我真是个傻瓜!

你让我失望了。 You let me down.

A: I failed in French again. 我的法语又没及格。

B: You let me down. 你让我失望了。

我的内心充满了悲伤。 My heart has been filled with grief.

A: My heart has been filled with grief.

我的内心充满了悲伤。

B: Cheer up! 振作起来!

今天真是什么都不顺心。 Today just isn’t my day.

A: What’s wrong with you today?你今天怎么了?

B: Today just isn’t my day. 今天真是什么都不顺心。

这不是我所期望的。 It’s not what I expected.

=It’s not as good as I expected.

◆It’s expected to be much better. 我原指望它会好得多。

纯属浪费时间。 It’s a waste of time.

A: You should talk to him. 你应该和他谈谈。

B: It’s a waste of time. 纯属浪费时间。

实在没有办法。 It can’t be helped.

=There’s nothing you can do about it.

真倒霉! What luck!

A: What luck! We’ve run out of gas. 真倒霉!汽油用光了。

B: Then we’ll have to get off and run to our office because the boss may have already been there. 那我们得要下车跑到办公室去了,老板可能早到了。

后 悔

我真不该那样。 I shouldn’t have done it.

A: I shouldn’t have done it. 我真不该那样。

B: What did you do? 你干什么了?

这次我真的给弄糟了。 I really screwed up this time.

◆I really messed up. 我真的搞砸了。

我很后悔错过了那次机会。 I’m sorry to have missed the chance.

=I regret having missed the chance.

我后悔做了那件事。 I regret doing that.

A: I regret doing that. 我后悔做了那件事。

B: What do you mean? 你是指什么?

我要是不说那句话就好了。 I shouldn’t have said that.

A: Your words have hurt her. 你的话伤害她了。

B: I shouldn’t have said that. 我要是不说那句话就好了。

我做得有点过分。 I went a little far.

=I overdid it.

我要是没做这件事就好了。 How I wish I hadn’t done it.

=If only I didn’t do that.

A: How I wish I hadn’t done it. 我要是没做这件事就好了。

B: It’s too late. 太晚了。