不定式的否定式可用作哪些句子成分
不定式的否定式可用作哪些句子成分
一、用作主语
It hurts me not to have been invited. 没有邀请我, 我很不痛快。
Not to accept their offer would be foolish, it would be foolish not to accept their offer. 不接受他们的提议会是愚蠢的。
二、用作表语
This is not to whitewash the actual political practice of the government. 这并非要粉饰政府的实际政治做法。
The most important thing is not to admit defeat until you really have to. 最重要的是不到万不得已绝不要认输。
The important thing about cooking is not to try to run before you can walk. Get the basics right and the rest will follow. 烹调时最重要的就是不要急于求成。把最基本的几手学会了,剩下的就容易了。
三、用作宾语
He pretended not to have seen me. 他假装没看见我。
He promised not to go there again. 他答应不再到那儿去。
She resolved not to go to the party. 她决定不去参加晚会。
Tired as she was, I decided not to disturb her. 因为她累了,我就决定不打扰她了。
In spite of these insults, she managed not to get angry. 她尽管受到这些侮辱,还是忍着没发火。
At the last moment she decided not to come at all. 到最后关头,她还是决定不来了。
四、用作定语
We have an agreement not to talk about some things. 我们有一个协议,有些事不谈。
There belongs to the history of fifteenth century English literature a very pretty story not to be found in literary textbooks. 15世纪英国文学中有一篇很美的故事,在文学教科书中是找不到的。
五、用作状语
study hard so as not to fail the exam. 努力学习,以免考试不及格。
He came in quietly in order not to wake his wife. 他轻轻进来,以免把他妻子吵醒。
You were lucky not to be killed. 你大难不死,真是好运气。
He shut himself in the room so as not to be disturbed. 他把自己关在屋里以免受到打扰。
The book is intended to be read and not to be torn. 这书是供人阅读而不是供人撕毁的。
He started early in order not to miss the train. 为了不误火车,他很早就动身了。
六、用作宾补
He warned me not to touch it. 他警告我不要触碰它。
She begged me not to tell her parents. 她求我不要告诉她的父母。
My mother told me not to talk to strange men. 妈妈叫我不要和陌生人交谈。
You must promise never to do that again. 你必须答应我再也不做那事。
Ask Rex not to phone, I don’t want to be disturbed. 雷克斯别打电话,我不想被打扰。
七、用作主补
Visitors are requested not to touch the exhibits. 参观人士请勿触摸展品。
Passengers are kindly requested not to smoke at the buffet counter. 乘客请勿在自助餐台附近吸烟。
You have often been told not to do that. 多次告诫过你别干那事。
Lone women drivers are advised not to pick up hitchhikers. 建议独自驾车的女子不要让人搭便车。
The sailors were warned not to get into trouble while they were on shore. 水手们被警告在岸上不要惹事生非。