怎样开口与老板谈论薪水问题
2010-06-30来源:和谐英语
对话场景二
K: could we possibly discuss my salary some time?
我们可不可以找些时间谈谈我的工资问题?
P: sure.
当然可以.
K: first of all, I want you to know that I really like working for this company. Do you think I'm doing a good job here?
首先,我想告诉你我非常喜欢在咱们公司工作.你觉得我干得还不错吧?
P: well, you are a very hard-worker.
嗯,你工作非常卖力了.
K: I try very hard. The problem is, my salary just isn't enough to live on. Now that I have a wife and a child to support, we hardly have enough money for food and rent.
我很努力.问题是,我的工资不够养家糊口.因为我还有老婆孩子要养,我们的钱都不足以支付房租和饮食的开销.
P: there are trying times for everyone. What do you propose?
每个人都有一段困难的时期.你有什么建议?
K: I could really use a 5% rise.
我想涨5%的工资.
P: that's quite a bit. If I give you a raise, I'm going to have to give everyone a raise.
太多了,如果我给你涨,大家都得涨.
K: listen, if you give me a raise, I'll take on extra responsibilities.
你听我说,如果你给我涨工资,我可以承担更多的责任.
P: that sounds reasonable. How about this, from now on, you can be responsible for scheduling. That means that if you can't find someone to cover a shift, then you'll have to do it.
这听起来很合理,要不这样吧,从现在开始,值班安排由你负责.那就是说,如果有人不能值班你就得自己来值.
K: that's fine. Do I get over-time for any extra hours that I work?
行.如果我超时工作的话会按加班算吗?
P: of course. It's be against the law if we didn't.
当然算,不然我们就违法了.
K: that sounds good to me. I really appreciate it.
这似乎对我挺合适.太谢谢您了.
P: you are welcome. Come in early tomorrow and I'll show you how to do the scheduling.
不客气.明天早点来,我告诉你怎么排班.
重点单词
trying:annoying or difficult to deal with 令人厌烦的;难对付的
She can be very trying at times.
她有时很难缠.
These are trying times for all of us.
对我们所有人来说,这是最难熬的时期.
shift:a period of time worked by a group of workers who start work as another group finishes 班;轮班;轮班工作时间
to be on the day/night shift at the factory
在工厂上日班╱夜班
to work an eight-hour shift
按每班八小时轮班工作
working in shifts
轮班工作
shift workers/work
轮班工作的工人;轮班作业
来自:和谐英语学习网-口语频道
- 上一篇
- 下一篇