和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语情景对话 > 网络社交口语对话

正文

网络社交口语对话第72集: 这才叫浪漫

2017-08-13来源:和谐英语

 

《网络社交口语对话》收集了众多关于网络社交的口语对话,对提高你的口语大有用处,值得你收藏。

【这才叫浪漫】

Sue: Flowers. Now that's romantic.

苏: 花。这才叫浪漫。

Rose: They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.

柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。

Sue: The two of you were 2) definitely 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over...Now 4) it's your turn.

苏: 你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了……现在换你了。

Rose: What?

柔丝: 换我干嘛?

Sue: Do you have Don's number?

苏: 你有唐的电话吗?

语言详解

A: When were you supposed to pay your rent?

你本该何时付房租?

B: Last week I'm five days late.

上星期,我晚了五天。

【Now that's romantic. 这才叫浪漫】

Now that's...这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。

A: I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.

我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。

B: Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!

这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!

1) be supposed to... 应该是……

2) definitely (adv.) 绝对地

3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对

4) it's your turn 该你了