和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 万用英语口语句典

正文

万用英语口语句典24000句?交际英语?1-2-50?悲观与沮丧

2016-08-11来源:和谐英语

50.悲观与沮丧

I'm all at sea.
我是一片茫然。
A: I'm all at sea about Professor Black's lectures.
对于布莱克教授的讲座我是一片茫然。
B: Are you? I like his lectures.
真的吗?我喜欢听他的讲座。
all at sea“茫然不知,迷惑”

I'm rather pessimistic.
我很悲观。
I'm not optimistic at all.
我一点也不乐观。
pessimistic  a. 悲观的

Don't get your hopes too high.
不要期望太高。
A: Do you think I can pass the final exam?
你觉得我能通过期末考试吗?
B: Don't get your hopes too high.
不要期望太高。

No chance at all.
= Fat chance.
不可能了。

I give up.
我放弃了。
I'm throwing in the towel.
我认输了。
A: Let's do it from the beginning.
让我们从头开始吧。
B:I give up.我放弃了。
throw in the towel“认输”

My heart is heavy.
= I'm heavy-hearted.
我心情很沉重。
A: My teacher died of heart attack last night.
我的老师昨晚死于心脏病发作。
B: My heart is heavy on hearing this.
听到这个消息我心情很沉重。

That figures.
果不其然。
A:He failed.
他失败了。
B: That figures. He is too proud.
果不其然。他太骄傲了。
that figures“合理,讲得通”

I'm not too happy about it.
我不太乐观。
A:How's your exam?
你考得怎么样?
B:I'm not too happy about it.
我不太乐观。

Where do I go from here?
我该怎么办呢?
A: I can't think of any way out now. Where do I go from here?
现在也想不出什么办法,我该怎么办呢?
B: Don't lose heart. Everything will be fine tomorrow.
别灰心,明天一切都会好起来的。

We've had it.
我们无计可施了。
A: Did you finally persuade him?
你们最后说服他了吗?
B:No,we've had it.
没有,我们无计可施了。
have had it完蛋了,没希望了”

I'm not too optimistic about it.
我对此并不乐观。
A: Do you think we can finish the work on time?
你认为我们能按时完成任务吗?
B: I'm not too optimistic about it.
我对此并不乐观。
optimistic a. 乐观的

No way. It's hopeless.
不可以,没希望了。
I'm out of luck this time.
这次我没希望了。
A:Everything will be Ok.
一切都会好的。
B:No way. It's hopeless.
不可能,没希望了。

It's the end of the world for me.
对我来说这简直是世界末日。
A: Today I'm told I've failed three courses. It's the end of the world for me.
今天有人告诉我说我有三科不及格。对我来说这简直是世界末日。
B:Oh, that's too bad.
哦,那可太糟糕了。

No such luck!
没那么好运气!
A: I believe you will succeed.
我相信你会成功的。
B:No such luck!
没那么好运气!

I've got a lot on my mind.
我的心情有些沉重。
A: I've got a lot on my mind. My best friend passed away yesterday.
我的心情有些沉重。我最好的朋友昨天去世了。
B: Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.
听到这我很难过。你要好好保重。
on one's mind“使人担心,惦念”

It's history.
= It's all over.
事情已经过去了。
这句话是用来安慰那些经历了悲痛或失意的人,以鼓励其忘记那段令人难过的记忆。

I have to say l'm rather pessimistic.
我得说我相当悲观。
A: I hear you want to study in Harvard. Do you see any possibility of getting your visa?
听说你想去哈佛大学学习。你认为有可能拿到签证吗?
B: I have to say I'm rather pessimistic.
我得说我相当悲观。
possibility n. 可能性

It can't be done.
这不行。
A: Can you finish it in a week?
你在一周之内能完成吗?
B:I'm afraid it can't be done.
恐怕这不行。

That's the way it goes.
实在没有办法。
A: You can try another time.
你可以再试一次。
B: That's the way it goes.
实在没有办法。

Better than nothing.
这样干总比没结果好。
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
不入虎穴,焉得虎子。
venture v.冒险

I have no choice but to do so.
除此之外我别无选择。
It's my only choice.
这是我惟一的选择。
There's no choice.
没有选择的余地。
but在这里表示“除了”的意思。

I'm heartbroken.
= My heart is broken.
我的心都碎了。

I'm downhearted.
我感到灰心丧气。
A:I'm downhearted.
我感到灰心丧气。
B:It will work out.
会好起来的。
downhearted a. 垂头丧气的,闷闷不乐的

I don't feel like doing anything.
=I don't have enthusiasm for anything.
我提不起精神做任何事。

We are doomed to lose the game.
= We are doomed to fail.
= We are bound to lose the game.
我们注定会失败的。
be doomed to“注定”

I'm on my last legs.
我真是山穷水尽了。
A: God help me! I'm on my last legs.I lost all my money in gambling and my wife left me.
我的天!我真是山穷水尽了。我赌博把钱输光了,老婆也离开了我。
B:You deserve it!
你活该!
on one's last legs“垂死,濒于垮台”

It's fate.
= It's doomed.
这是命中注定的。
It was my destiny.
这就是我的命。
destiny n. 命运,定数

Why are you feeling so depressed?
干嘛这么沮丧?
A: Why are you feeling depressed, David?
大卫,干嘛这么沮丧呢?
B: I've just parted with my girlfriend.
我刚刚和女朋友分手了。
depressed a. 沮丧的,情绪低落的