和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第47期:理想职业 Dream Job

2015-10-16来源:和谐英语

Todd: OK. Jessica, we're back. We're gonna talk about your future. What do you want to be when you grow up? 杰西卡,我们来谈谈你的未来。等你长大了你想做什么?

Jessica: Well, um, I wanna be a physician's assistant. 我想做一名助理医师。

Todd: OK. What is a physician's assistant? 什么是助理医师?

Jessica: Well, normally when you go into a, into the doctor's office, you wouldn't usually get, well you would get your doctor all they do is check, give you check-ups or you know maybe take out stitches or something, not surgery. You just go in and do the little things. So the doctor does not have to do them. 通常我们进入医生的办公室,助理医师会给你做身体检查或是在手术中缝针,而不是主刀做手术。助理医师只是做小事,主治医师不用做的事情。

Todd: Oh, OK. So that is what you want to do? 好的。这是你想从事的职业?

Jessica: Yeah. 是的。

Todd: OK. 好。

Jessica: And make lots of money. 助理医师还能挣不少钱。

Todd: You wanna make lots of money. 你想赚大钱。

Jessica: OK. Nothing wrong with that. 想赚大钱没有什么不对。

Todd: How do you become a physici... physician's assistant. I can't even say it. 你如何能成为助理医师。我甚至不知道要如何做。

Jessica: It's a lot of schooling. You have like six years, four or six years of college and you obviously take the, like nursing and other kinds of classes like that and then you do like um, two, two or four years at like a hospital as a.. 这需要长时间的学习。你必须学习6年的时间,接受4或6年本科教育,很明显你还需要学习护理和其他课程,在这之后你还要花2到4年的时间在医院……

Todd: Like an assistant, or.. 在医院做助理或是……

Jessica: Like, like you're actually doing. 就好像实际在做助理医师一样。

Todd: Oh, an intern. 哦,实习。

Jessica: An intern, yeah! An internship for two or four years at a hospital. 实习生,是的!在一家医院实习2到4年。

Todd: Then, that's it. You finish. 这样才能完成学业。

Jessica: And then you hopefully go on and maybe have your own little doctor's place and open that up or something. 接着你就能继续做医师,或是以后有可能开家自己的小诊所。

Todd: Well, best wishes on becoming a physician's assistant. I'm sure you'll make a good one. 祝你将来能成为一名助理医师,一名成功的助理医师。

Jessica: Thank you. 谢谢。