实战口语情景对话 第131期:风帆冲浪 Wind Surfing
Todd:OK, let's talk about hobbies. What do you like to do in yourfree time?
我们来谈谈兴趣爱好吧。空余时间你都爱干什么啊?
Roe:You mean other than seducing ladies?
你的意思是除了吸引女士们?
Todd:Yeah, well, we might actually have women listen to this.
对,不过确实是女人们在听这个。
Roe:Just joking. Just joking OK. I like windsurfing. That's my number one hobby, and surfing I'm in progress, and I like skateboarding but I'm getting old, so it is kind oftiresome. What else do I like? I like going to restaurants, going out, bars, restaurants,bar hopping.
开个玩笑,仅仅是在开玩笑。恩我喜欢风帆冲浪。那是我最喜欢的运动,而且我还处于进步阶段。而且我还喜欢滑板运动,但我现在岁数越来越大,真是有点儿力不从心了。那我还喜欢什么呢?我喜欢去饭店,去酒吧,还有泡吧。
Todd:Cool, yeah, I like to bar hop. Let's go back to the windsurfing, um, how long have you been windsurfing?
棒极了。对我也喜欢泡吧。我们现在回去冲浪吧,你玩多久了?
Roe:Since 26, so that's 4, 5, 7 years.
自26岁起,已经4,5,7年了!
Todd:7 years! Yeah, where did you first begin windsurfing?
7年!那你一开始是在哪儿玩的冲浪?
Roe:Kamakura.
镰仓。
Todd:Oh, in Kamakura. That's a beautiful place.
哦,在镰仓。那是个很美的地方。
Roe:In winter, yeah, but in summer, it's, I don't know, it's questionable.
在冬天,哦不,是在夏天,我不知道了,我说不好了。
Todd:Really? Why?
是吗?为什么啊?
Roe:Oily.
多油。
Todd:Oh, cause the water is polluted.
哦因为河水被污染了。
Roe:Yeah, cause people, a lot of people come from the city. They put oils right oil, and they go swimming into the ocean.
对的,因为人们,很多人都来自这个城市。油上又堆油,游着泳就带到了海洋里。
Todd:You mean suntan lotion from people's bodies gets in the water and makes it oily. That's disgusting.
你的意思是防晒油从人的身体进入水中,使其油性。那很恶心。
Roe:Isn't it. You see the oil floating around in the ocean. It's kind of sick in summer, so I really don't windsurf in summer.
不是吗?你看那海面上漂着的油。这有现象一般是出现在夏天,所以夏天我一般都不去冲浪的。
Todd:Wow, it must be hard to, if there is so many people in the water.
哇,但如果冬天有很多的人,那冲浪一定会很难。
Roe:Yeah, but there is a swimming section and a windsurfing section, but anyway.
对,但不管怎样,游泳部分和风帆冲浪部分还是有界限的。
Todd:So, did somebody teach you to windsurf?
那是有人教你如何冲浪的吗?
Roe:Yeah, my brother. Oh, your brother. OK. Did it come easy for you, or was it difficult?
对,我哥哥。哦,就是我哥哥。一开始你是觉得简单还是难啊?
Roe:It is really difficult to explain windsurfing cause, I show you. Can you stand up?
非常难。我演示给你看啊。你能站起来吗?
Todd:OK, so I'm standing up?
好,我现在站起来了。
Roe:And your holding your rig, and go back, you are like 80 kilometer and your body is more closer to the ocean and your body is like down here and like 80 kilometer and waves are like 4 meters and on a good day so that is really radical.
拿着你的帆装设备,然后往回走。大概80公里,然后你的身体慢慢地靠近海洋,身体有向下,又是80公里,随之还有4米高的海浪,真的很过瘾。
Todd:Yeah that sounds difficult. I don't think I'm ready for windsurfing.
对啊,那听起来很难啊。我感觉我还没有做好风帆冲浪的准备。
Roe:It's pretty interesting though. It's free too.
不过会很有趣,而且还是免费的。
Todd:But the equipment must be very expensive.
但是设备是很贵的。
Roe:The first time yeah, but once you buy and have everything down it's free to go surfing to the beach so.
对,不过你第一次买齐设备的时候,在海边冲浪是免费的。
Todd:How many windsurfing boards do you have?
你有多少个风帆冲浪板?
Roe:Two.
两个。
Todd:Two. And do you have to do a lot of work to maintainthem, to keep them clean?
两个。你都是怎么保养他们的啊?就是清洗吗?
Roe:Not really cause out in the ocean just wash with the water, clean water, that's about it.
倒不是。因为在海上冲浪的时候就有海水在拍打,就是这样。
Todd:How far do you live from the beach?
你住的地方离海边有多远?
Roe:It takes me about, about an hour from my house.
差不多一个小时吧。
Todd:One hour. Boy. That'sdedication.
一个小时,那可是要有献身精神啊。
Roe:It's like, how can I explain this, what are your hobbies there?
就像,我该怎么说呢。你都有什么兴趣爱好呢?
Todd:I like running so yeah I run all the time.
我喜欢跑步,所以我一直都在坚持跑。
Roe:Right, but it's not, you feel like you are dedicating your energy to the running.
哦,你是把你的能量都释放在了跑步上。
Todd:No, No. Yeah
不,不,不过也对。
Roe:You do it because it is fun.
你那么做就是因为那很好玩。
Todd:Yeah
对的。
Roe:Exactly.
的确是。
Todd:OK, yeah, maybe I'll have to try windsurfing one of these days. I've always wanted to try that and surfing. It look like a lot of fun.
好的,可以这几天我还要尝试一下风帆冲浪。我一直都想尝试,而且还想尝试冲浪。看起来很有意思啊。
Roe:Come. I have my board and my surfboard too.
来吧,我有冲浪板还有风帆冲浪板。
Todd:Oh, that's right, you have two boards, so, hey OK. Thanks and we have to go before it's summer. Now it is spring, and all the oil in the water, that's disgusting. I can't. I thought you meant like oil from ships or sewage from the city. OK. Oil from people's bodies. Well, there must be a lot of tan bodies.
哦,那很好,你有两个板子,很好。谢谢你,夏天之前我们一定会去的。现在是春天,水面上都是油,很恶心的,我不会去的。我想你指的是船上的油还有来自城市的地沟油。油都是来自我们身体的。而且那会有很多腐烂的尸体。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)