和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第247期:Signs 标志

2016-03-09来源:和谐英语

重点讲解:
1. happy medium
中庸之道;折中办法;
eg. I still aim to strike a happy medium between producing football that's worth watching and getting results.
我仍致力于打造这样一种球风——既具观赏性,又能得分,两全其美。
eg. It's very difficult to strike a happy medium and make it right for everybody.
找到皆大欢喜的折中办法颇有难度。
2. freak out
(使)吃惊;(使)不安;(使)恼怒;(使)困惑;
eg. I remember the first time I went onstage. I freaked out completely.
我还记得自己第一次登台的情形。我完全吓坏了。
eg. I think our music freaks people out sometimes.
我想我们的音乐有时会吓着大家。
eg. It sort of frightens me. I guess I am kind of freaked out by it.
它让我有点害怕。我想我可能被它弄得心里有些发毛。
3. go against
违背;违反;
eg. Changes are being made here which go against my principles and I cannot agree with them.
这里作的改动违背了我的原则,我不能同意。
eg. He went against the advice of his colleagues and resigned.
他不顾同事的劝告辞了职。
4. tend to do sth.
往往会;经常就;倾向于做某事;
eg. A problem for manufacturers is that lighter cars tend to be noisy...
制造商们遇到的一个问题是,重量较轻的汽车往往噪音大。
eg. We tend to make mistakes when we do things in a hurry.
忙中不免出错。