实战口语情景对话 第291期:Cleaning 清洁工作
Todd: Adrienne, we're going to talk about cleaning! So, first of all, how often do you clean, like your apartment?
托德:埃德里安娜,我们要谈谈清洁工作!首先,你的公寓多久做一次打扫工作?
Adrienne: Thoroughly, I would say I clean once a week.
埃德里安娜:彻底打扫大概一周一次。
Todd: So, do you consider yourself a clean person?
托德:你认为自己是个爱干净的人吗?
Adrienne: I consider myself an organized person.
埃德里安娜:我认为我是个有条理的人。
Todd: OK. So, in your house what is the one room you hate cleaning?
托德:好。那你家里最讨厌收拾的房间是哪一间?
Adrienne: Probably the bathroom, which includes the shower, the sink, toilet. (Yeah) All together.
埃德里安娜:可能是浴室,那里有淋浴器、水槽、马桶。(对)都在那里。
Todd: Yeah, so, why?
托德:好,那为什么呢?
Adrienne: I just think it's the grossest part of the house. It always seems to accumulate the most dirt and grime (Yeah) pretty disgusting.
埃德里安娜:我只是认为那是房子里最令人恶心的地方。那里总是堆积着最多的灰尘和尘垢(对),特别恶心。
Todd: Yeah, it's hard to get the stuff off the tiles. (Right) You got to scrub and scrub and it's still brown or green or whatever color it is.
托德:没错,那些东西很难从地砖上清理掉。(是的。)你要不停地擦洗,而地砖还是棕色的,或者是绿色的,反正上面会留有痕迹。
Adrienne: Exactly. It's just a difficult place to get into to clean, and there's lots of small spaces to get into and.
埃德里安娜:的确是这样。那是非常难清洁的地方,有许多小的地方要清洁。
Todd: Yeah! In Japan it's weird because they have these little portable bathrooms, you know, they're all plastic so,
托德:对!在日本这很奇怪,因为他们有这种便携式浴室,你知道的,全是用塑料做的。
Adrienne: It's easy. You just take the sprayer and spray the whole room.
埃德里安娜:很容易清洗。你只要用喷雾剂喷洒整间房间就可以了。
Todd: Yeah! I'm convinced that they drop those bathrooms in a, with a helicopter. They just drop them right in there. You got everything, you know.
托德:对!我确信它们可以把这个带上直升飞机。他们只要把它们放在那里。非常方便,你知道的。
Adrienne: Easy! Convenient! Efficient!
埃德里安娜:很简便!方便!有效!
Todd: What about laundry?
托德:洗衣服呢?
Adrienne: I don't like really doing any type of manual labor, but I don't mind doing laundry from time to time.
埃德里安娜:我不喜欢任何形式的体力劳动,不过我不介意偶尔做洗衣工作。
Todd: Yeah, I like laundry actually. I like the smell of the clothes when you finish.
托德:嗯,实际上我也喜欢洗衣服。我喜欢衣服洗完后的香味。
Adrienne: Yeah, that's a good part of it, but I don't like to actually to do the work, washing!
埃德里安娜:对,那是好的一方面,不过实际上我并不喜欢洗衣的工作!
Todd: Yeah, actually, I like to clean. That's why I have this question. (Mm) I'm a clean freak. Like, I like washing dishes. I like doing laundry. Yeah!
托德:嗯,实际上,我喜欢清洁工作。这就是我问这个问题的原因。(嗯)我有洁癖。比如,我喜欢洗碗。我喜欢洗衣服。就是这样!
Adrienne: Yeah, that's not fun for me. (No!) I'd rather sleep given the choice.
埃德里安娜:嗯,那并不是我的乐趣。(不!)如果可以选择我宁愿睡觉。
Todd: Like you can pay me and I'll clean your apartment.
托德:也许你可以付钱给我,我会负责打扫你的公寓的。
Adrienne: Oh, sounds good. Perfect!
埃德里安娜:哦,听起来不错。很完美!
Todd: How much? How much would you pay me?
托德:多少钱?你会付我多少钱?
Adrienne: Um, see, going rate for a maid these day, Todd?
埃德里安娜:嗯,托德,你看按现在保姆的行情怎么样?
Todd: Maid! That's a sexist comment!
托德:保姆!这是个有性别歧视的评论!
Adrienne: It is a sexist comment! But it is, the going rate for a maid,
埃德里安娜:这是个有性别歧视的评论!但是我只是说,按现在保姆的行情……
Todd: Male cleaning attendant!
托德:男性清洁助理!
Adrienne: I don't think that's what they're called. They'd still call them a maid service. Um, I don't know.I think it's about 15 dollars an hour.
埃德里安娜:我想这并不是他们的称呼吧。他们还是会称为保姆服务。嗯,我也不知道。我想大概是15美元一小时。
Todd: Ooh! You'd pay me 15 dollars an hour?
托德:哦!你一个小时要付我15美元?
Adrienne: No, that's the going rate. That's not what I'll pay you.
埃德里安娜:不,那只是现在的行情。并不是我要付你的钱。
Todd: I thought I was going to make some money!
托德:我想我要挣钱了!
Adrienne: Well, I thought I was going to get a discount.
埃德里安娜:嗯,我想要个折扣。
Todd: This web site's expensive.
托德:这个网站好贵。
Adrienne: Oh, right, right, right!
埃德里安娜:嗯,对,没错,没错!
Todd: So I need the money.
托德:所以我需要那笔钱。
Adrienne: Oh! OK, 15 it is!
埃德里安娜:哦!好的,15美元!
Todd: OK, but how dirty is your place?
托德:好,不过你的房子有多赃?
Adrienne: Pretty, pretty dirty!
埃德里安娜:非常非常赃!
Todd: Ah, well, I'll take a look at it.
托德:啊,嗯,我需要看一下。
Adrienne: You'll me working for the money, for sure!
埃德里安娜:你肯定会为钱工作的!
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)