和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第348期:Valentine's Day 情人节

2016-05-26来源:和谐英语

Adrienne: So, Trina, Monday is Valentine's day. Are you excited?
埃德里安娜:特瑞娜,周一是情人节,你兴奋吗?

Trina: No!
特纳娜:不兴奋!

Adrienne: That was a pretty direct answer. Why are you not excited? It's a holiday.
埃德里安娜:这还真是个直接的回答。你为什么不兴奋呢?这是节日啊。

Trina: It's a holiday for people that have other people.
特纳娜:这是有他人陪伴的人们的节日。

Adrienne: So, you're not happy because you don't have other people?
埃德里安娜:那你不开心的原因是你没有人陪伴?

Trina: I have other people. I have my sister and my mom and my dad and my friends, but Valentine's day is more of a holiday for people that have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, or a wife, or a husband, or children as opposed to being a single person with nobody to share it with.
特纳娜:我有人陪伴。我有妹妹、妈妈、爸爸,还有朋友们,但是情人节是那些有男朋友、女朋友或是有妻子、丈夫、孩子的人过的节日,而不是单身一人,没有人共度时光的人们过的节日。

Adrienne: But could you share it with your sister, or your mother, or your father?
埃德里安娜:但是你不能和你妹妹、妈妈或是爸爸一起过吗?

Trina: I could. I could, and we do. We send each other gifts. We, well this year, I won't be with anybody, but I get to celebrate it with my sister this weekend.
特纳娜:我可以,可以,我们就是这么做的。我们会互相送礼物。但是今年,没有人和我一起过,不过这周末我会和我妹妹一起庆祝一下。

Adrienne: Well, that sounds fun.
埃德里安娜:嗯,听起来很有趣。

Trina: It is.
特纳娜:的确是。

Adrienne: So what kinds of things have you done on Valentines day in the past?
埃德里安娜:那过去你在情人节都做什么呢?

Trina: Ah, gone out to dinner, gone to a movie, had dinner at my parents house, had dinner at my grandparent's house.
特纳娜:出去吃晚饭,看电影,在父母家吃晚饭,或是在祖父母家吃晚饭。

Adrienne: That's interesting. Why your grandparent's house?
埃德里安娜:那真有意思。为什么在祖父母家吃晚饭?

Trina: It was their wedding anniversary.
特纳娜:因为那天是他们的结婚纪念日。

Adrienne: Wow! That's a great day to have a wedding anniversary.
埃德里安娜:哇!结婚纪念日在情人节真是太棒了。

Trina: It is and it was a lot of fun. I got to spend some of their last few years together having dinner with them.
特纳娜:没错,有很多乐趣。这几年我们都是和他们一起吃的晚餐。

Adrienne: That sounds lovely. So are you looking forward to maybe having a Valentine next year?
埃德里安娜:听起来真不错。那你期待明年过情人节吗?

Trina: Maybe! We'll, see.
特纳娜:也许吧。到时候看看吧。