实战口语情景对话 第449期:International Marriage 国际婚姻
Todd: So, Mark, um, you mentioned that your wife is Japanese.
托德:马克,你说过你的妻子是日本人。
Mark: That's right.
马克:没错。
Todd: Ok, and how long have you been married?
托德:你们结婚多长时间了?
Mark: We finally got married in April of 1998 but it took us a while to get to that stage.
马克:我们是1998年4月结的婚,不过我们结婚前谈了一段时间的恋爱。
Todd: Ok, well,what's it like being in an international marriage?
托德:好,国际婚姻的感觉怎么样?
Mark: I really enjoy it. There are different challenges, I mean any marriage has got challenges, and just having different cultures and different backgrounds and different languages, despite the fact that we both speak both our first languages. Yeah, it has different challenges but that makes it fun.
马克:我非常享受。这种婚姻有多种挑战,我是说每段婚姻都存在挑战,我们有不同的文化、不同的背景和不同的语言,不过我们都说各自的母语。虽然有不同的挑战,但是这让婚姻更有乐趣。
Todd: You said that your wife speaks to you in Japanese and you speak to her in English?
托德:你说过你妻子和你说日语,而你和她说英语?
Mark: No it's fifty-fifty really. It really depends on what we're talking about: if we're watching an English movie or something on TV in English we'll speak in English; if we're reading the Japanese newspaper and we find something interesting we will probably speak in Japanese.
马克:不是,实际上是一半一半。这要取决于我们在谈什么:如果我们在看英语电影或是英语电视节目,那我们就会说英语;如果我们在看日语报纸时发现了有趣的事情,那我们可能就会说日语。
Todd: Ok, well, actually, how did you meet?
托德:好,那你们是怎么认识的?
Mark: Through my room mate in Japan, how many years ago now, probably about 15 years ago…
马克:我们是通过我在日本的室友认识的,那是多少年前的事情了?可能是15年前吧……
Todd: A while back.
托德:一段时间以前。
Mark: …introduced us. Yeah, it's been a long time.
马克……他介绍我们认识。对,很长时间了。
Todd: That's cool. Is there anything that's hard about having an international marriage?
托德:真酷。国际婚姻有没有什么困难的事情?
Mark: I suppose it means that you're always away from one person's family. I suppose that's the hardest thing. I'm in Japan now so I'm a long way from my family; when we lived in New Zealand before, my wife was a long way from her family.
马克:我觉得是其中一个人会一直远离家人。我想这是最困难的事情。现在我在日本生活,我离我的家人很远;而我们生活在新西兰人时,我妻子就要离开她的家人。
Todd: That's tough, that is tough. So how long did you live together in New Zealand?
托德:这很困难,很困难。那你们在新西兰生活了多长时间?
Mark: We were there for about 4 years,…I think. Yeah, yeah, approximately 4 years in New Zealand.
马克:我想大概有四年的时间。对,我们大概在新西兰生活了四年。
Todd: Now, have you lived in any other countries together?
托德:那你们还一起在其他国家生活过吗?
Mark: No, no, not together, it's either been Japan or New Zealand.
马克:不,没有,我们没有一起,不是住在日本就是新西兰。
Todd: Do you have any plans as to which country you're going to settle in?
托德:你们有没有计划在哪个国家定居?
Mark: Now that sounds very permanent to me!
马克:这对我来说是个永远存在的问题!
Todd: So you never know?
托德:所以你不知道?
Mark: Never know.
马克:不知道。
Todd: Alright, thanks a lot, Mark.
托德:好吧,非常谢谢你,马克。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)