实战口语情景对话 第453期:Family Members 家庭成员
Akane: Hey, Ruth.
茜:嗨,鲁斯。
Ruth: Hi, Akane.
鲁斯:嗨,茜。
Akane: So, um, how big is your immediate family?
茜:你家里有几口人?
Ruth: Ah, there are four of us.
鲁斯:四口人。
Akane: Four people, OK. Whose in it?
茜:四口人。都有谁?
Ruth: Not big really. Well, there's my mum and my dad and my older brother and then there's me.
鲁斯:其实不是很多。我们家有我妈妈、我爸爸、我哥哥和我。
Akane: Oh, I see....Does everybody still live together?
茜:哦,我知道了……那你们还都住在一起吗?
Ruth: Well, actually at the moment my brother lives in London and my parents live in Darbyshire and I live in Japan but very soon we are all going to move back in together.
鲁斯:实际上目前我哥哥住在伦敦,我父母住在达比希尔,而我生活在日本,不过很快我们会再一起生活的。
Akane: Ooh, are you looking forward to that?
茜:哦,你期待吗?
Ruth: I'm looking forward to it but I think it could be interesting.
鲁斯:我很期待,我认为那会很有趣的。
Akane: Yeah, for sure.....So who is the oldest person in your family?
茜:嗯,肯定是……你家里谁最年长?
Ruth: The oldest person is probably my great aunt and she's 80.
鲁斯:最年长的应该是我姑婆,她今年80岁了。
Akane: Oh, and who is the youngest person in your family?
茜:哦,那你家里年纪最小的人是谁?
Ruth: Actually, my cousin was born about two weeks ago. She's called Ema. She's two weeks old.
鲁斯:实际上我表妹两周前刚刚出生。她叫艾玛,她刚刚出生两周。
Akane: Wow! Did you see a picture of her?
茜:哇!你看过她的照片吗?
Ruth: I have seen a picture of her, yes. She lives in Sweden.
鲁斯:当然,我看过了。她在瑞典生活。
Akane: That's really exciting.
茜:那太令人兴奋了。
Ruth: Yes, it was nice.
鲁斯:是啊,非常棒。
Akane: And how big is your extended family?
茜:那你的大家族有多大呢?
Ruth: Well, I'm not from a really big family actually. My dad has got three sisters and my mom has just got one brother, so you know, some people are from families and somebody has ten children, and they have lots of aunties, and uncles. It's not like that in my family.
鲁斯:实际上我并不是来自一个大家庭。我爸爸有三个姐妹,而我妈妈只有一个兄弟,所以你知道,有些人来自有10个孩子的家庭,所以他们有很多叔叔阿姨。可是我们家并不是这样。
Akane: Oh, OK. And where is your family originally from?
茜:哦,好的。那你们家祖籍哪里?
Ruth: Originally, my parents, and their parents, and their parents I think , are all from Yorkshire in England. It's in the North of England.
鲁斯:我父母和他们的父母以及他们的爷爷奶奶来自英国约克郡,那里位于英国北部。
Akane: Everybody in your family is from there?
茜:你家里的所有人都来自那里吗?
Ruth: I think so, although my family have since moved, and so some live in Sweden now, some live in Australia and some live in America.
鲁斯:我想是的,不过我的家人已经离开了那里,现在有些人生活在瑞典,有些人生活在澳大利亚,还有人生活在美国。
Akane: Oh, that sounds really interesting......So when does your entire family ever get together?
茜:哦,听起来真有意思……那你们这一大家子人什么时候能聚在一起?
Ruth: Well, that's a good question. Well, a lot of people get together at Christmas, but even then not everybody does. I think really we only see the entire family at weddings and at funerals.
鲁斯:嗯,这是个好问题。许多人会在圣诞节时团聚,但并不是所有人。我想可能只会在婚礼或者葬礼上才能见到所有的家人。
Akane: Oh, OK, and when was the last time there was a wedding or a funeral?
茜:哦,上次举行婚礼或是葬礼是什么时候?
Ruth: Um, I think it was about eight years ago, so quite a long time ago, now.
鲁斯:嗯,我想大概是八年前,很长时间了。
Akane: Oh, I see. OK, well thanks for that story, Ruth.
茜:好,我知道了。鲁斯,谢谢你和我们分享。
Ruth: Oh, no problem. Thanks, Akane.
鲁斯:不客气。茜,谢谢你。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)