实战口语情景对话 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠
Ruth: Now Akane!
鲁斯:茜!
Akane: Yeah.
茜:好。
Ruth: I've noticed that you fall asleep everywhere.
鲁斯:我发现你在哪里都能睡着。
Akane: Oh, you've noticed. Oh, no, it's actually a problem that I have.
茜:哦,你注意到了啊。其实这是困扰我的一个问题。
Ruth: Really?
鲁斯:真的吗?
Akane: Yeah, I do get sleepy.
茜:对,我总是昏昏欲睡。
Ruth: Well, it's just that whenever we come back from work, or we go to work, you always fall asleep on the bus.
鲁斯:嗯,我们下班回家或是上班的路上,你总是会在公交车上睡着。
Akane: I do. I'm so tired in the mornings.
茜:的确是这样。我早上非常累。
Ruth: So, you're tired in the mornings (Mm-hm) so don't you sleep at night?
鲁斯:你早上很累(嗯),你晚上不睡觉吗?
Akane: I do. I actually do go to bed quite early but I hate waking up really early so I think it's the early mornings that really get to me.
茜:睡觉。我晚上很早就上床睡觉了,可是我讨厌早起,所以我讨厌清晨。
Ruth: So do you think lots of people in your family do this, because you know, you really do seem to sleep far more than anybody I've ever met.
鲁斯:你家人是不是也这样,你的睡觉时间真的比我认识的其他人要多得多。
Akane: Actually, yeah, my father does say that he falls asleep at work.
茜:实际上我爸爸说他上班时会睡着。
Ruth: No!
鲁斯:不是吧。
Akane: Yeah. And my mom falls asleep at work as well when there's not costumers.
茜:是的。我妈妈在没有客户的时候也会在上班期间睡着。
Ruth: Oh, you're joking.
鲁斯:开玩笑的吧。
Akane: Yeah. Yeah. So it runs in the family.
茜:真的。是真的。所以这是我们全家共有的问题。
Ruth: So have you ever done that? Have you ever fallen asleep at work?
鲁斯:那你有过吗?有在上班时间睡着过吗?
Akane: Actually, well, I don't fall asleep when I'm teaching, cause its such a busy job (Yeah) but when I was working in an office, when I was doing medical research, it was such a boring job that I did used to fall asleep in front of the computer sometimes. It's really embarrassing.
茜:我在教学的时候不会睡着,因为工作太忙了,但是我在办公室做研究时,因为实在太枯燥了我有几次在电脑前面睡着了。这真的太尴尬了。
Ruth: So have you ever had an embarrassing moment when you've fallen asleep?
鲁斯:你有没有因为睡着而经历尴尬的时刻?
Akane: Actually, yes. One time we went to watch the symphony orchestra and it was beautiful music and I was enjoying myself but I just fell asleep in between.
茜:有。有一次我们去看交响乐团的演出,音乐非常美,我非常享受,不过我在演出中睡着了。
Ruth: Oh, no, Akane.
鲁斯:哦,不是吧,茜。
Akane: Yeah.
茜:是的。
Ruth: So how many hours sleep do you normally get Akane?
鲁斯:茜,你一般睡几个小时?
Akane: Well, I try to get at least nine. Of course that's not always possible, so I'd say on average about eight and a half hours.
茜:嗯,我尽量保证睡够九个小时。当然有时做不到,不过平均来说差不多八个半小时。
Ruth: Eight and a half.
鲁斯:八个半小时。
Akane: Yeah.
茜:对。
Ruth: Well, I suppose if you add that to the five hours a day that you sleep that's quite a lot.
鲁斯:我在想如果再加上那五个小时,你一天的睡觉时间可真够长的。
Akane: If you put it that way.
茜:如果你这么理解,是这样的。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)