实战口语情景对话 第489期:Weight Loss 减肥
Ruth: Akane, I hope you don't think I'm being rude but you look amazing. Have you lost weight?
鲁斯:茜,我希望你不会觉得我无礼,你看起来太棒了。你是不是瘦了?
Akane: Actually, I have.
茜:实际上是的。
Ruth: Wow. How did you do it?
鲁斯:哇,你是怎么做到的?
Akane: Well, I've been really eating healthy and working out a bit as well.
茜:嗯,我保持饮食健康,再做些运动。
Ruth: Wow. I read recently actually in the newspaper that there are lots of new gyms opening up. Is that what you've been doing, going to the gym?
鲁斯:哇。我最近在报纸上看到报道说新开了许多健身房。去健身房锻炼是不是你坚持在做的事情?
Akane: Ah, yeah actually. I joined a new gym. It wasn't that expensive either and it's been really good.
茜:对啊。我在一家新开的健身房办了会员。价格不是很贵,而且也很好。
Ruth: So, how much was it?
鲁斯:多少钱呢?
Akane: It was about $30 a month. (Oh) Yeah.
茜:一个月大约30美元。对。
Ruth: So when you go to the gym, what kind of thing do you do?
鲁斯:你一般去健身房会做什么?
Akane: Um, well, my favorite thing to do is to run on the treadmill, and sometimes I also do weights.
茜:嗯,我最喜欢的是在跑步机上跑步,有时我会做一些力量练习。
Ruth: You do weights as well? (Mm-hm) Really heavy weights?
鲁斯:你也做力量练习?(嗯)是那种大重量练习吗?
Akane: No just lighter ones.
茜:不是,只是一些小重量练习。
Ruth: Oh, I see.
鲁斯:哦,我知道了。
Akane: Yeah.
茜:嗯。
Ruth: So do you mind the fact when you're in the gym the air is really stuffy and you can always smell people's sweat? Does that not bother you?
鲁斯:健身房空气不流通,而且你能闻到人们的汗味,你不会介意这些?这会令你困扰吗?
Akane: It does actually bother me so I do prefer to go when it's not too crowded.
茜:那确实挺困扰我的,所以我会在人不多的时候去。
Ruth: Of course, yeah.
鲁斯:当然了。
Akane: People tend to go after work so I try to go a little bit earlier, or a little bit later. That's a good plan.
茜:人们一般会在下班后去健身房,所以我尽量早点去,或者我会晚些再去。这是个不错的计划。
Ruth: But you know, sometimes I still wonder if it's healthy to exercise inside because if you exercise outside you can get more fresh air.
鲁斯:可是你知道,有时我会想在室内锻炼真的健康吗,因为如果你在室外锻炼你可以呼吸更多的新鲜空气。
Akane: I think you're right about that. It does feel better when I do get exercise outside, but sometimes I'm so busy and if the weather's not good, it's just easier to go the gym.
茜:我想你是对的。我去室外运动的时候的确感觉更好,不过有时我很忙,而且有时天气不好,所以去健身房更方便。
Ruth: Well, I suppose so.
鲁斯:嗯,这倒是。
Akane: Yeah, and a little exercise inside is better than no exercise.
茜:在室内运动总比不做运动强啊。
Ruth: You're right actually.
鲁斯:你说得对。
Akane: So if I want to lose weight, what would you recommend?
茜:我想减体重,你有什么推荐吗?
Ruth: Basically, just exercise within your limits and eat healthy.
鲁斯:基本上来说,在你能接受的范围内进行锻炼,还有就是保证饮食健康。
Akane: I think it's just common sense.
茜:这些是常识。
Ruth: Really. Do you think I'll lose weight.
鲁斯:对。你觉得我会减掉体重吗?
Akane: For sure. I think so, but I don't know what you're talking about. You definitely don't need to lose weight.
茜:当然了。会的,不过其实我不太清楚你在说什么。你完全不用减肥啊。
Ruth: Well, that's kind of you Akane. OK, thanks.
鲁斯:茜,你真是太好了。谢谢。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)