和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第496期:Jeannie's Family 珍妮的家人

2016-09-08来源:和谐英语

Todd: Ah, hello.
托德:啊,你好。

Jeanie: Hello.
珍妮:你好。

Todd: Can you say your name please?
托德:请问你叫什么名字?

Jeanie: Yep, my name is Jeanie Cherry.
珍妮:我叫珍妮·切莉。

Todd: Jeanie Cherry.
托德:珍妮·切莉。

Jeanie: Yep.
珍妮:对。

Todd: Really?
托德:是吗?

Jeanie: Yep.
珍妮:对。

Todd: Cherry's your last name? Is it spelled like the fruit?
托德:切莉是你的姓?是和那个水果一样的拼写吗?

Jeanie: Yes.
珍妮:对。

Todd: Really. That's cool.
托德:真的啊?真酷。

Jeanie: Oddly enough, someone asked me before, "Is it spelled like the fruit?" and I said, "Yes" and she spelled it incorrectly.
珍妮:奇怪的是,以前有人问我“是和那个水果一样的拼写吗?”我回答“是的”,可她还是拼错了。

Todd: Oh, no. Oh, man.
托德:哦,不,天哪。

Jeanie: I go "OK."
珍妮:没什么。

Todd: And how old are you?
托德:你多大了?

Jeanie: I'm 25.
珍妮:我25岁。

Todd: Wow. You look young though.
托德:哇。你看起来更年轻。

Jeanie: I know. It's because of my parents.
珍妮:我知道。我想是因为遗传了我父母。

Todd: Oh, so you have good genes in your family.
托德:哦,所以你家里的基因很好。

Jeanie: Yes, very good.
珍妮:对,非常好。

Todd: How old is your father?
托德:你父亲多大岁数?

Jeanie: My father is 52 this year.
珍妮:我父亲今年52岁。

Todd: And how old does he look?
托德:他看上去像多大的?

Jeanie: He looks like he is about 35. That's what people often say.
珍妮:他看上去像35岁的。人们经常这么说。

Todd: Man.
托德:天啊。

Jeanie: Yeah, I showed pictures to other people. He's a twin, identical twin so I show people their pictures and they're like, "Wow, they're so young. That can't be your father" and "Oh, yeah, that's my dad."
珍妮:对,我给其他人看他的照片。他有个同卵孪生兄弟,我把他们的照片拿给别人看,他们会说:“哇,他们真年轻。那不可能是你爸爸”,我会说“对,那就是我爸爸。”

Todd: That's cool. So your father has a twin.
托德:真酷。你父亲有个双胞胎兄弟。

Jeanie: Yeah.
珍妮:对。

Todd: And do they still look identical?
托德:他们现在看起来还长得一样吗?

Jeanie: They still look identical.
珍妮:对,现在还是一样的。

Todd: Do they have the same hairstyle?
托德:他们的发型一样吗?

Jeanie: Yes, and they always dress the same. The do a lot of stuff together all the time so.
珍妮:对,他们也经常穿相同的衣服。他们会一起做很多事情。

Todd: That's cool.
托德:真好。

Jeanie: Yeah, people always ask me, "Yeah, how can you tell me which one is which?"
珍妮:对,人们总是会问我:“你怎么区分他们?”

Todd: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You must get tired of that question.
托德:对。你一定对这个问题感到厌烦。

Jeanie: Yeah. It's like, "I know my own father."
珍妮:是啊。我会说:“我知道我的父亲是谁。”

Todd: Well, why do twins do that? Why do they often where the same clothes?
托德:为什么双胞胎会这样?他们为什么会经常穿一样的衣服?

Jeanie: Well, I don't know. For my dad it's always been a thing of, they like to make a big impression on people so they always want to dress in the best suits. They always got to look flashy, so that when they go out, they're like the show stoppers, and they happen to look exactly like the twins from a music group called the Whispers.
珍妮:嗯,我也不知道。对我爸爸来说,他们喜欢给别人留下深刻的印象,所以他们总是会穿最好的衣服。他们看上去很华丽,所以他们外出时,他们就像演出终结者,而且凑巧的是他们和组合The Whispers中那对双胞胎很像。

Todd: Oh, no kidding.
托德:哦,开玩笑的吧。

Jeanie: Yeah, so they get lots of people taking their photos and screaming, "Oh, my gosh. It's the Whispers."
珍妮:是这样的,所以有很多人会给他们拍照并尖叫,“哦,我的天哪。是The Whispers。”

Todd: Really.
托德:真的吗?

Jeanie: Yeah. They get a lot of publicity for that.
珍妮:对。他们也因此得到了很多宣传。

Todd: Well, does your father have a good voice? Can they sing?
托德:嗯,你父亲的声音好听吗?他会唱歌吗?

Jeanie: Oh, no, they can't sing for anything. They can pretend to some background music but they can't actually do it.
珍妮:哦不,他们完全不会唱歌。他们可以跟着背景音乐假唱,但不能真唱。

Todd: That's cool. So you dad looks like he's 35. Wow! And who else is in your family?
托德:酷。所以你爸爸看起来像35岁。哇!你家里还有什么人?

Jeanie: My mother. She's also 52 this year and I have an older brother. He's 31 years old and my sister is 30. My brother has three daughters and he's got a son on the way.
珍妮:我母亲。她今年也是52岁。我还有个哥哥。他今年31岁。我姐姐30岁。我哥哥有三个女儿,他马上将会有个儿子。

Todd: Oh, that's good news.
托德:哦,真是好消息。

Jeanie: Yeah. And my sister has two daughters, so for a long time it was only girls, so my parents are starting to look at me like, yeah, we need some boys in the family. OK, so I'll think about that later.
珍妮:是啊。我姐姐有两个女儿,所以有很长时间家里全是女孩,所以我父母会看着我说,我们希望家里能有男孩。我会说,好,以后我会考虑的。

Todd: Ah, sounds like you have a really nice family.
托德:哈,听起来你的家庭很不错。