实战口语情景对话 第536期:The Languages of India
Todd: Nitya, in the U.S. we have many different parts of the country and people are very different. What about India? Are the people very different in different regions?
托德:妮提亚,我们美国有许多不同的地区,在不同地区生活的人也有所不同。那印度的情况呢?人们会因为居住在不同的地区而有所不同吗?
Nitya: Yeah, I like, I think that in India the different parts, they have totally different languages, that's sometimes it's a problem because somebody who comes for a travel, for traveling or something in the northern part of India, from South, it's really difficult for them to manage the language, because though are national language is Hindi, and also like, the constitutional national language is English, but still, I mean, India is really huge, people coming from South, there are some people like who do, who do understand Hindi to some extent, but there are many people who don't understand at all.
妮提亚:会,印度不同地区的语言完全不同,这有时会成为问题,如果印度南部的人去印度北部旅行,那他们很难解决语言问题,虽然官方语言是印地语,而且宪法规定英语也是官方语言,但是由于印度太大了,所以从南部来的人,可能有些人知道一些印地语,但是大部分人完全不懂印地语。
Todd: Really, they don't speak Hindi?
托德:是吗?他们不说印地语吗?
Nitya: Yeah, because we have 33 national languages. (Wow) so,
妮提亚:对,因为我们有33种官方语言。(哇)
Todd: You have 33?
托德:你们有33种官方语言?
Nitya: 33, and like if you take on the whole, it's 345 or something.
妮提亚:对,33种,如果要统计所有语言的话,大概有345种。
Todd: Man, that's incredible.
托德:天哪,这太不可思议了。
Nitya: Yeah, and I think that, I think that every child from India should be able to speak around two to three languages, basically.
妮提亚:对,我认为印度每个孩子都能说两三种语言。
Todd: What are the most common languages that people speak in India?
托德:那印度人最常用的语言是什么?
Nitya: I think Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, I think I cannot say common. Every state, every like, we have 27 states in India. Every state has it own language. Our general language.
妮提亚:我认为是印地语、古吉拉特语和旁遮普语,不过我的意见并不能代表常用。每个邦……印度有27个邦。每个邦都有自己的语言,有自己的通用语言。
Todd: 27 different general languages. (Yeah) That's what divides the country is the languages?
托德:27种通用语言。(对)那印度是按语言划分的区域吗?
Nitya: No, it's divided by the states, I mean different states we call different parts of it, and also by the language. Yep.
妮提亚:不是,是按邦划分的,我是说按邦来划分区域,当然也按语言划分。对。
Todd: Wow, that's pretty amazing. So you said Punjabi.
托德:哇,这太惊人了。那你是说旁遮普语吗?
Nitya: Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil, Malayalam. (Wow) Huge, yeah.
妮提亚:我会说旁遮普语、古吉拉特语、泰米尔语、马拉雅拉姆语等等。(哇)对,我会很多语言。
Todd: That's pretty amazing. How many languages do you speak?
托德:这太惊人了。你能说几种语言?
Nitya: Six.
妮提亚:6种。
Todd: Six.
托德:6种。
Nitya: Yep.
妮提亚:对。
Todd: What do you speak?
托德:你都会说什么语言?
Nitya: Ok, I can speak Hindi. I can speak Punjabi a little bit, and I can understand the whole of it all, and I can speak Tamil. I can speak Malayalam, because Malayalam is my mother's language. She's from southern part of India. My dad is from the north part of India and I speak Hindi. I understand Telugu, and I guess Marathi also a little bit.
妮提亚:嗯,我会说印地语。我听得懂旁遮普语,但只会说一点儿,我还会说泰米尔语。因为我妈妈用马拉雅拉姆语,所以我也会马拉雅拉姆语。我妈妈来自印度南部。我爸爸来自印度北部,所以我会说印地语。我可以理解泰卢固语,还有马拉塔语我也会一点儿。
Todd: Wow, and that's not even including English or Japanese.
托德:哇,这还不包括英语和日语。
Nitya: Yeah, OK, and then you include English and Japanese and that.
妮提亚:对,我还会英语和日语。
Todd: That's amazing. OK, well, thanks Nitya.
托德:太不可思议了。好,谢谢你,妮提亚。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)