实战口语情景对话 第563期:Soul mates 心灵伴侣
Todd: So, Lucinda, I met your boyfriend, Kwame, he's a nice guy.
托德:露辛达,我遇到你男朋友夸梅了,他人不错。
Lucinda: Yeah, he is.
露辛达:对,他是很好。
Todd: How long have you two been going out?
托德:你们交往多长时间了?
Lucinda: Oh, gosh, I think around about two years, two, or two and a half years.
露辛达:我想大概两年了吧,两年半左右。
Todd: Wow, that's a pretty long relationship.
托德:哇,那你们交往很长一段时间了。
Lucinda: Yeah, it is.
露辛达:对,没错。
Todd: So how did you meet?
托德:你们是怎么认识的?
Lucinda: We met through the school. I can't actually remember the first day we met because being students we kind of meet people and stuff like that but we spent some time together at a party and a friend's birthday party.
露辛达:我们是在学校认识的。我不太记得我们认识那天的情况了,一般学生都会以这种方式认识朋友,我们是在一个朋友的生日派对上认识的。
Todd: Oh, OK, now you come from two completely different cultures.
托德:哦,好,你们来自两个完全不同的文化。
Lucinda: Yeah we do.
露辛达:是的。
Todd: Can you talk a little about that?
托德:你能谈谈这点吗?
Lucinda: Well, Kwame's from Ghana and I'm from New Zealand. Ghana is in West Africa, and, gosh, they're very different. I've never been to Ghana but Kwame came to New Zealand and we basically come from one of the two most different cultures you can probably imagine, but being in Japan, I think, when we met in Japan and we were in the same culture so it's not like he was visiting New Zealand or I was visiting Ghana because there was not real culture shock or we've kind of assimilated to each other's cultures very much so in our own relationship we're pretty much no cultural problems or anything like that, (right) yeah.
露辛达:夸梅来自加纳,我来自新西兰。加纳是西非国家,这是两个非常不同的国家。我从没去过加纳,不过夸梅来过新西兰,你可以想象,我们来自两个差别最大的文化,不过我们是在日本认识的,所以我们是在同样的文化背景中认识的,这与他去新西兰或我去加纳不同,因为实际上我们没有遇到真正的文化冲击,我们几乎被对方的文化同化了,所以我们的关系中不存在太多的文化问题。
Todd: Yeah, I think it's easier cause you're in a neutral culture.
托德:好,因为你处在中性文化中,所以要相对容易些。
Lucinda: Yeah, Yeah.
露辛达:对,是的。
Todd: Well, what are some things that you have in common?
托德:你们有什么共同点吗?
Lucinda: Ah, things we have in common? We both like watching TV. Kwame likes watching TV a bit more than I do. We both like basketball and soccer. But Kwame's very passionate about that and I can watch for ten minutes.
露辛达:嗯,我们的共同点?我们都喜欢看电视。夸梅比我更喜欢看电视。我们喜欢看篮球比赛和足球比赛。不过夸梅非常热爱看比赛,不过我只能看10分钟。
Todd: So, do you watch the NBA?
托德:你们会看NBA比赛吗?
Lucinda: Ah, NBA, yes, yes.
露辛达:NBA,会看。
Todd: Do you both support the same team?
托德:你们支持的是同一个队吗?
Lucinda: I support players. (Oh, I see) I'm not really a team person but, but Kwame supports teams but I'm very passionate about the players because we also play this Playstation game. NBA LIVE! and any player that's on the Playstation game, I kind of have this bond with and I get really mad someone else takes the ball from him or something. I get passionate that way but Kwame does like his certain teams.
露辛达:我有支持的球员。(哦,我明白了)我并没有特别喜欢的球队,不过夸梅有支持的球队,而我很喜欢NBA球员,因为我们都在Playstation游戏机上玩《NBA LIVE!》这个游戏。我会将游戏中的球员进行联系,如果有人从那个球员手中抢走了球之类的我会非常生气。我喜欢的是这种,不过夸梅确实有喜欢的球队。
Todd: OK, well, how about, what do you guys, what's different about you? Like do you have different personalities or anything like that?
托德:好,那你们有什么不同点?比如你们性格上或其他方面有没有不同点?
Lucinda: Yeah, we have very different, I think we have the exact opposite for personalities. Kwame is very quiet and he's very reserved in his opinions for certain things. He won't say whether he really likes something or if he dislikes something, whereas I'm very opinionated and I like to have my say over everything so I talk a lot and I, even if it's on what type of soap we use, I have a very strong opinion on what it should be and, yeah.
露辛达:有,我们非常不同,我认为我们的个性完全相反。夸梅是个非常安静的人,对特定的事情他会保留意见。他不会说他是喜欢还是不喜欢这件事,而我则非常固执,我会对所有事情发表看法,所以我会说很多话,即使是要用哪种香皂这样的小事,我也会有强烈的意见。
Todd: Yeah, well, he's a great guy, so. You guys make a cute couple.
托德:好,他人很好。你们俩真是可爱的一对。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)