实战口语情景对话 第595期:Makeovers 整容
Wendi: At my station there's a lot of weirdoes. Have you noticed?
温迪:我坐火车那站有很多古怪的人,你注意到了吗?
Todd: There is a lot of weirdoes in the train station.
托德:火车站是有很多古怪的人。
Wendi: There's a lot of weirdoes at my station.
温迪:我坐车那站有很多古怪的人。
Todd: Yeah, why do you think that? Do you think that they just like the train station or it's this area?
托德:嗯,你为什么这么认为?你认为他们喜欢那个火车站还是喜欢那个地区?
Wendi: I don't know. What do you think?
温迪:我不知道。你怎么看?
Todd: I don't know either. But I've lived all over Japan and I noticed that this train station is kind of.
托德:我也不知道。我在日本各个地区都生活过,我注意到这个车站有点儿……
Wendi: Quite strange?
温迪:很奇怪吗?
Todd: Quite weird. Yeah, like the one guy that amazes me, is the really, really dirty guy.
托德:非常奇怪。让我吃惊的是一个非常非常脏的人。
Wendi: Yeah.
温迪:嗯。
Todd: Super dirty guy.
托德:超级脏的人。
Wendi: The dirtiest of the dirty.
温迪:最脏的人。
Todd: Right, the guy that's got the long hair and it hangs down and you can't see his face and he's like caked in dirt, like if that guy took a shower it would hurt.
托德:没错,那个人的头发很长,头发垂下来完全看不到他的脸,他看起来像泥块一样,如果他洗澡可能会受伤。
Wendi: Yeah.
温迪:嗯。
Todd: I wonder how, and he's old.
托德:我很好奇他为什么会这样,而且他年纪很大了。
Wendi: You know what would be amazing if we put him on Swan. On the Swan.
温迪:你知道吗,真正令人惊奇的是我们要让他去上《Swan》这个节目会怎么样。
Todd: What's Swan?
托德:《Swan》是什么节目?
Wendi: Swan is like this incredible makeover show where they like slice and dice people.
温迪:《Swan》是一档令人难以置信的整形节目,节目中会给人们整容。
Todd: Sort of like change his hair and give him like...
托德:就像改变他的发型,给他……
Wendi: Yeah and like they give people like new jaws. They like just cut them up like serious. It's like extreme plastic surgery, like...
温迪:对,会给人们的下巴进行整形。他们会改变人们的面容。就像极端的整容手术……
Todd: Is this a Canadian show?
托德:这是加拿大的电视节目吗?
Wendi: It's an American show of course.
温迪:当然是美国的电视节目了。
Todd: Really. I've been overseas. I don't know American shows.
托德:真的吗?我一直在海外。我都不知道美国有什么电视节目。
Wendi: Yeah, any ways. The swan basically like, they hang out and they find really unattractive people and they slice and dice them into like pageant queens.
温迪:嗯,其实,《Swan》这个节目会去街头寻找相貌平平的人,然后给他们整形,把他们变成选美皇后。
Todd: Oh, wow.
托德:哦,哇。
Wendi: It's really foul. But anyway's.
温迪:非常可怕。
Todd: Yeah, actually that's.
托德:实际上……
Wendi: They could turn him into a beauty.
温迪:他们能把那个人变成帅哥。
Todd: Yeah, maybe he doesn't want to.
托德:嗯,也许他并不想这样做。
Wendi: It's actually really twisted this show, like it's, like I've seen shots of it kind of thing, but it's actually incredibly disturbing. Like that people would be willing to fully like, slice and dice, like they kind of do like this inventory. They do like a 360 of the person, like they show then in like their bras and panty of something. I don't really know. And they like, they just do this thing down the side, like, "We are going to take out all of her teeth and you know, crack her jaw in five places and reduce her nose and open up her eyes and take off the left limb and whatever you know, they just like go down this list. It's just unbelievable and then they actually do it.
温迪:这个节目有点扭曲,我只看过几个片段,不过那也令人很不安。人们愿意接受整形手术,愿意按照医生的建议去做。他们想360度变身成为另一个人,愿意展现他们的胸部和内裤。我不明白。他们喜欢这样做,他们会说:我们要把她的牙齿拔掉,下巴有五个地方需要整,把鼻子修整一下,开眼角,左肢也需要重塑,他们会按照这个列表去做。这简直令人难以置信,而他们确实这么做了。
Todd: Wow!
托德:哇!
Wendi: Yeah and then they end up with these people that look like drastically different but that have gone through like crazy, like, I don't know, six month-eight month surgeries and everything else to get there kind of thing. It's crazy.
温迪:对,这些人接受整容手术之后看起来与之前判若两人,不过他们要经历六个月或八个月的诊疗时间,才能完成整个过程。这太疯狂了。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)