实战口语情景对话 第670期:Great Places 好去处
Todd: OK, now Keren, Hello.
托德:凯伦,你好。
Keren: Hello.
凯伦:你好。
Todd: I thought we would talk about travelling. Now you've travelled to many places, many continents.
托德:我们来谈谈旅游吧。你去很多地方旅行过,去过很多大陆。
Keren: Yes.
凯伦:对。
Todd: Can you talk about some of the places you've been to.
托德:你能说几个你去过的地方吗?
Keren: Yes. First of all, I spent about four and a half months in Australia. I suppose the most amazing place I went to there was Uluru.
凯伦:好。首先,我在澳大利亚呆了四个半月。我去过的最神奇的地方是乌鲁鲁。
Todd: Uluru.
托德:乌鲁鲁。
Keren: Ayers Rock. And it's just an incredible place which is... the land is very barren and very red and the sky is very blue and it's just beautiful.
凯伦:艾尔斯岩石。那里是一个不可思议的地方,土地非常贫瘠,呈现出通红的颜色,而天空又非常湛蓝,那里太漂亮了。
Todd: Wow, And what's it called again?
托德:哇,那个地方叫什么来着?
Keren: Uluru.
凯伦:乌鲁鲁。
Todd: Uluru. OK, besides there, anywhere else?
托德:乌鲁鲁。好,除了那里,还有其他推荐的地方吗?
Keren: I've also been to South America. I spent a year in Peru and while I was there I went to Machu Picchu.
凯伦:我还去过南美洲。我在秘鲁呆了一年的时间,我在秘鲁时去了马丘比丘。
Todd: Machu Picchu. What is Machu Picchu?
托德:马丘比丘。马丘比丘是什么?
Keren: Machu Picchu is an ancient ruin of an old Inca town.
凯伦:马丘比丘是印加古城的遗址。
Todd: Do you know how old it is?
托德:你知道马丘比丘有多少年的历史吗?
Keren: Probably about seven hundred, eight hundred years old, I think. It's not actually that old.
凯伦:我想大概有七八百年的历史吧。并没有那么古老。
Todd: Oh, really.
托德:哦,真的吗?
Keren: Really
.凯伦:真的。
Todd: Huh! That's interesting.
托德:哈!这很有意思。
Keren: Yeah.
凯伦:对。
Todd: OK, any other places?
托德:好,还有其他地方吗?
Keren: I spent quite a lot of time in Spain and the most interesting place I went there was Granada.
凯伦:我在西班牙呆了很大时间,我认为西班牙最有意思的地方是格拉纳达。
Todd: Granada.
托德:格拉纳达。
Keren: Yeah.
凯伦:对。
Todd: OK, what's in Granada?
托德:格拉纳达是哪里?
Keren: The Alhambra which is the old Muslim capitol of Spain. And it's an amazing old town with Muslim palaces.
凯伦:格拉纳达的阿尔罕布拉宫曾是西班牙古老的穆斯林宫殿。格拉纳达是一座非常棒的古镇,有很多穆斯林宫殿。
Todd: And there is just one palace or is there many, many palaces?
托德:是只有一个宫殿还是有很多宫殿?
Keren: There is many, many ruins and there's a lot to do. You can spend the whole day there walking around the different old buildings that were built in different times.
凯伦:有很多宫殿,很多遗址,有很多可以做的事情。你可以花一整天的时间在建造于不同时期的古老建筑之间漫步。
Todd: Very cool. So, you've seen something in Australia, in South America, in Europe, how about Asia?
托德:真酷。你谈了澳大利亚、南美和欧洲的景色,那亚洲呢?
Keren: Asia. I've been to Japan and Thailand and Malaysia and Singapore.
凯伦:亚洲。我去过日本、泰国、马来西亚和新加坡。
Todd: And what is you favorite place in Asia?
托德:你最喜欢亚洲的哪个地方?
Keren: Hm. It's a difficult question. I liked Hokkaido
.凯伦:嗯,这很难回答。我喜欢北海道。
Todd: Hokkaido?
托德:北海道?
Keren: Yeah, in Japan. Hmm... I spent a week there working on a farm, and it was just a really interesting place to be.
凯伦:对,在日本。我在那里度过了一周的时间,在一家农场打工,那里真的是一个很有趣的地方。
Todd: Cool. Well, thanks, Keren.
托德:真酷。谢谢你,凯伦。
Keren: It's Ok.
凯伦:不客气。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)