和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第737期:Prague 布拉格

2017-03-29来源:和谐英语

Todd: Hello, I'm here with Anita. Anita, where are you from?
托德:大家好,今天我们请到了安妮塔。安妮塔,你来自哪里?

Anita: I am from the Czech Republic.
安妮塔:我来自捷克共和国。

Todd: Oh, and what city?
托德:哦,你来自哪个城市?

Anita: Ah, from the capitol city, Prague.
安妮塔:我来自首都布拉格。

Todd: Oh, that's a beautiful city.
托德:哦,那是一座美丽的城市。

Anita: Yes, it is.
安妮塔:没错。

Todd: Can you talk a little bit about your city?
托德:你能谈谈你的家乡城市吗?

Anita: OK, Prague is a very historical city. It's got many, many old buildings. It's very popular among foreign tourists, especially. The main attraction is the Prague Castle, which is right in the city center. That's where the President has his office.
安妮塔:好,布拉格是一座历史名城。有许多老建筑。布拉格尤其受外国游客的欢迎。布拉格的主要景点是位于市中心的布拉格城堡。那里是捷克总统办公室所在地。

Todd: Inside the castle?
托德:在城堡里?

Anita: Yeah, in the castle.
安妮塔:对,在城堡里。

Todd: That's really cool.
托德:那真是太酷了。

Anita: Yes, yeah, it's really beautiful. Of course you can't go into his offices, but you can go into the premises of the castle and walk around and there's a very big cathedral right in the middle of the castle and it's absolutely gorgeous.
安妮塔:对,城堡非常漂亮。当然游客不能进入总统的办公室,不过可以进入城堡里,可以在里面四处走动,城堡中央有一座大教堂,非常华丽。

Todd: Now, actually, I saw the castle many years ago, about 12 years ago, and if memory serves it was built by the Romans? Or am I wrong?
托德:我在许多年前看到过那座城堡,大概是12年前吧,如果我没记错的话,那是罗马人建造的,我说错了吗?

Anita: I'm not very good in history, so I'm sorry.
安妮塔:我不太了解历史,抱歉。

Todd: OK, I...
托德:好……

Anita: I'm not sure.
安妮塔:我不太确定。

Todd: I'm probably very wrong.
托德:我可能说错了。

Anita: But, one of our late last kings. He was an emperor of Rome as well.
安妮塔:不过我们捷克一名已故国王曾是罗马皇帝。

Todd: Oh, I see.
托德:哦,我明白了。

Anita: A Roman Emperor.
安妮塔:罗马皇帝。

Todd: Ah, so maybe that's it.
托德:那可能我说的没错。

Anita: Something to do with Rome. Anyway.
安妮塔:反正和罗马有关。

Todd: Somebody will probably write me now and tell me the history. And there's also a really famous bridge correct?
托德:有人可能会给我写信,跟我讲讲历史。布拉格有一座非常知名的大桥,对吧?

Anita: The Charles Bridge. Exactly.
安妮塔:没错,查理大桥。

Todd: Right.
托德:对。

Anita: The Charles Bridge.
安妮塔:查理大桥。

Todd: So, it must be nice to be living in a city with so many beautiful buildings and history.
托德:生活在一个有许多美丽建筑和悠久历史的城市一定很棒。

Anita: It is. You know, I mean, of course it depends where in the city you go because the city center is the historical part but when you go to the outskirts of the city, that's where it is... that's where you get buildings from the Communist era, so it's not colorful. It's all grey. It's all one style and it can get pretty ugly in some parts, but if you stick to the city center it's gorgeous. It's like a fairy tale.
安妮塔:的确是。不过也要取决于你在城市的哪个地方,因为市中心有浓厚的历史气息,但是城郊有许多共产主义时期的建筑,色彩并不丰富,都是灰色的建筑。建筑只有一种风格,有的地方看起来非常丑,不过市中心非常华丽。像童话一样。

Todd: So would you say then that your city is a mix of new and old?
托德:那你认为布拉格是一个新旧混合的城市吗?

Anita: Um, I probably wouldn't say a mix of new and old because they're not mixed in one place.
安妮塔:嗯,我并不认为是新旧混合的城市,因为并不是在一个地方的混合。

Todd: Right.
托德:好。

Anita: It's old in the center and then new, not modern... I wouldn't say modern, but new, Communist new in the outskirts, so it's separated. It's not mixed together, which is good because when tourists come they don't get to see the ugly parts as much.
安妮塔:市中心给人古老的感觉,而新的,并不现代……城郊的共产主义建筑是新式代表,我认为并不是很现代,不过,是分开的。并没有混合在一起,我认为这样很好,因为游客不会看到太多丑的地方。

Todd: It's like in the States. Believe me, every city has it's ugly parts.
托德:和美国一样。相信我,所有城市都有不那么美的地方。

Anita: Yeah, I guess.
安妮塔:我想也是。